!!!Returning Zoo back to LPS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotboost15psi

Has been struck by the ban stick
After hearing to many cases of Zoo poisoning in some instance close to death I have decited to return a beautiful rock of maybe 30 polyps I have for about 1 weeks now back to my LPS. I wouldent mind having something in my tank that is maybe a bit toxic but the level in which the zoo pretain I will no longer keep them in my tank. A simple mistake of accidently squeezing one with an open wound will cause in some cases death. My opinion they should be illegal to sell in LPS without some type of warning label attached or something you know. But o well, guess I have trade it in for something better I hope.

dobejazz

Zoa's are fine in our tanks as long as you use common sense - Gloves *should* always be worn and when fragging Zoa's eye protection should also be used.
I admit I don't wear gloves but always wash my hands and arms whenever I put them in the tank

lcstorc

If the lfs won't take them back you can probably find someone to trade for something you do want. Many of our corals and even fish are toxic to some extent some worse than others. Many times it is a matter of if you are or are not allergic to the particular thing.
Zoas are well known for their toxins so people usually know they have to take care particularly when fragging them but we remind people all of the time.

Techno-Vicki

I work with them a lot, and I know I should use gloves but I don't. Eventually, I am sure I will become allergic to them. But, remember, some people are highly allergic to bees while others just get a minor sting from them. Everyone is different. Do we get rid of all bees? Do we not enjoy them in our gardens? Are you sure you are going to go to that extreme? Just wear gloves and you will be fine.

tbittner

I love my Zoa's. I have lots of them and they are my favorites. Just being aware of the danger is all I need to know. I just give them the respect they deserve.

gotboost15psi

Id rather not take the chance.... I mean you only have one chance to live. When your dead your dead no turning back. A freaking zoo would be the last thing i would want to die from. Its just the intensity of the toxins that draws me away from them. Such little amount can have drastic effects. Even with gloves, if your fish punchers it or something happen to fall on the zoo or even a sick dying zoo will release the toxins in the water. Gloves are useless at this point. Once it enters your blood stream your screwed. For those of you handling them without gloves your at higher risk of getting poisoned. Do a thread search and you will find a few stories of people ending up in the ER from zoo posioning.

gotboost15psi

No matter how much you know....danger is always around. Thats just the way of life. No matter how many times you use a condom, theres that .1 percent chance of catching some form of STD. Im sure as much as Steve Irwin knew about sting rays, he knew not to come to close to one or something may happen. No matter how much you know about guns, you can still get shot by your own bullet.... . Here is a perfect example of what im talking about..

YouTube - cop giving a talk on guns and shoots himself

So whats the best solution to preventing getting hurt? By simply avoiding whatever you know that can kill you. Simple as that....

kyle1284

if you ask me... you really dont live if you cant live on the edge a little.... cause your always left thinking "what if" or "i wish i woulda"

gotboost15psi

I know my limits. Everyone should know their limites. I wish i could go swimming with the big great white shark. Will I be living on the edge doing it? OVER COURSE... will I be living on the edge when it eats me? Probably wont be living at all after its done with you.

jubbers

you worry too much, just relax their is danger in everything, hec if the government told us everything he knew we would not sleep at night.

kyle1284

well whatever you do, dont:
go out driving after 9 PM
skydiving
bungee jumping
ride on a rollercoaster
drink tap water
mix splenda with anything
go boating
swim in the ocean
eat chicken
use a welder
fly on a plane
use a cell phone
fire a gun
or anything that could maybe even the slightest chance harm u ... lol
zoo toxin is nothing... dont let it hinder your hobby

gotboost15psi

hey im just being precautious. Just adding a few more years to my life doing it :-D
My simple point is....the toxins in zoo are to high for me to fool around with thats why im simply doing the smart thing by avoiding it. ooo the people that were positioned by zoo toxins didnt find it to be "nothing" I wanna see you get posioned by one and come back to tell evenone how you enjoyed the pain.

spanglish

hey im just being precautious. Just adding a few more years to my life doing it :-D
My simple point is....the toxins in zoo are to high for me to fool around with thats why im simply doing the smart thing by avoiding it. ooo the people that were positioned by zoo toxins didnt find it to be "nothing" I wanna see you get posioned by one and come back to tell evenone how you enjoyed the pain.

Please tell me that this is just brilliant satire/sarchasm.:bugout:

If so,,bravo! It's way funny.:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If not, I think you are thinking way too much.

Can you provide any credible factual instances (like from a news source,
or medical journal) of anyone dying from reef aquarium corals?:contract:

gotboost15psi

hey while your in the hospital bed regreting purchasing that beautiful zoo you accidently touched with an open wound, I will be that happy one looking through the window shaking my head saying "I told you so"

GeeWizzItsMe

What does LPS mean? Also, how would the toxins get in your bloodstream if you are wearing gloves? Also, NOTHING will happen unless you are REALLY bothering them, so I think it would be kind of strange to take them back for this reason. Are you scared that a frogspawn would sting you to death, so you would never get a euphyllia? Are you scared that a piece of live rock could house a large mantis shrimp that could take out your hand and break your tank open? If you are not willing to face these fears, it will be hard to have a reef tank at all! Please give us reason to actually believe that touching our BEAUTIFUL would automatically give us a trip to the hospital. This seems a little improbable, and if you are cautious enough to take the zoos back because of their toxins, you are probably cautious enough to wear gloves and be safe around ALL of your corals! That is just my 2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.