Return pump on 210g help..

Phyxius

Its finally getting down to the last few items before I can get water in this thing. Its the 210g from a few of my previous posts

Pump selections are driving me crazy with all the options and what would be best. I had planned on using 2- 1262 Eheims to run all the stuff but was wondering if one large pump is better.

I need it to do the following
Run the two return lines in the tank that split in to dual nozzles on each side. Provide some good water flow
Run a chiller
Run a GEO 6x12 media reactor for carbon and the like
Run a small Phosban reactor for phosban
Small amount of feed supply for a GEO calcium Reactor
Will also possibly feed my ER RC skimmer or may tap into overflow line to feed it.
Give me the option to add one or two "T" offs for possible other items.
Still need to keep moderate flow in the sump or valve back the pump to a bypass line back into it if needed.

Anyone give me any suggestions on a good pump or pumps to use....

I`m also leaning towards a Dart or snapper that would connect to a distribution manifold and feed all of the above.

Witfull

personally, i run 4 main pumps. 2 returns from the sump, one to the skimmer, and one to the chiller. this gives me more piece of mind if/when one pump should/will fail, i have flow going through the tank. if one sump pump fails,,i have another,,,no biggy, skimmer down for awhile,,,no worries...chiller down not that big of an issue....all down,,,HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

framerguy

I have a Dart running the sump return on my 375g and it works great. I actually have it throttled down a bit. The snapper may be plenty big for you. You can't go wrong with Sequence pumps.

framerguy

Also, rather than having a bunch of pumps running each of those reactors you could build a manifold to direct a controllable amount of water to each reactor and have it spill back into the sump. I have done that with great success. Witty is right about having piece of mind though. You want a backup unit for whatever you decide on.

Phyxius

framerguy,
The manifold was the plan if I went that route with a sequence. I would have 2 t offs for returns with at 4 others also all with valves on them for control. My only concern would be the pressure loss after returning to tank on 2 overflows and to a chiller 6ft away and back. I was planning on 4 T's off the manifold specifically for the reactors and skimmers as well as one to return to sump for relief if needed. The flow on a snapper is about 2500 gph at 0 ft of head and 1700 pr so at 5ft of head. add the line to the chiller and it would drop even more.
The dart goes to 3600 gph at 0 head and at 5ft its about 2400 gph.

The snapper looks good but is the dart possible better with the chiller, skimmer and possibly up to 3 reactors all off the manifold.....

Witfull,
Thanks for the reply and that's a good idea also. I just don't want 4 pumps running as I have 3 on my 90 and want to clean it out. Tank will have Tunzes off other circuit and controller in case main pump goes out I will still have some flow in main tank.