Retro Lighting (MH & VHO)

billyr98

the benefit of T5s are their spread.. i would like the drawing the best for getting the most out of your T5s..

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Fans?

I have decided to get 3 4" ICEcap variable speed fans. :thumbup:

Billy, I'll be glad to buy yours from you. Let me know~

billyr98

Ohh!!! I just packed everything up too... PM me.. let me know.. i will open the box back up... but its gonna delay your shipment one more day, i won't be home till late tonight!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Yes, thanks Billy! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't reducing PAR. I (and my corals/anemones) are very happy with the current set up(2x 250 mh & 2x96 PC) so I will just get the two T5's and two MH. Plenty of room for those under the canopy.

I'm not sure I understand, isn't the T5's going to be actinics ? Why the concern with the PAR ? I have used PC actinic's for years and although I agree they don't look as good as the T5's they are fine to use for the dusk/dawn effect.

billyr98

good point Robert, but isn't it nice to know you have the best ;) And if you ever get a MH that is too blue, you can use the T5s as Daylights and bring the blue down.. Like I am thinking about doing..

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I'm not sure I understand, isn't the T5's going to be actinics ? Why the concern with the PAR ? I have used PC actinic's for years and although I agree they don't look as good as the T5's they are fine to use for the dusk/dawn effect.

Allow me to rephrase myself...

Woodstock said:
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't reducing PAR

I just do not want to end up with dimmer actinics than what the PC's are now. I need strong actinic supplementation to overcome the XM 10k brightness.

:)

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Allow me to rephrase myself...
I just do not want to end up with dimmer actinics than what the PC's are now. I need strong actinic supplementation to overcome the XM 10k brightness:)

Aha now I understand, thanks for the clarification Doni :hammerhea