Retro fit lighting

rpalt1

I have a 30" coralife fixture with those hard to find 30" bulbs. My question is can i retro fit something in the fixture to give me more bulb options?
It's a t5ho fixture. If so what do you recommend? All mybulb options are 10,000k,actinic or 6,700k. I would like to go with blue plus and fiji purple

rpalt1

i dont think so? I want to grow lps and maybe down the road be able to keep some lps and or clams. I dont know if i would get enough light out of a 24" inch
Maybe i could stagger them. I dont know if i should stay with t5 or go with LED My goal is to get the corals to flouress{?} as much as possible. I.E i picked up some orange zoos and at store they glowed and at home there dull

I hear ya. T5 is still pretty darn good imo. I picked up a 24" 8 lamp unit for a cube. The color combos on a unit like that boggle the mind lol. Never used it cause the LED craze hit me hard. May try it if my current LED project fails to please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

What size tank are we talking about?

If the tank is 30" long, I'd consider 24" long bulbs limited, since you'll get dim areas on the end, but they would work. 36" bulbs would over lap the tank, but give full coverage.

In either case, you are better off just buying a whole new fixture, since they usually include bulbs. If you try to retrofit, your savings will be limited, because you'll need to get new ballasts, possibly endcaps, and bulbs. That will cost as much or more than a new fixture with bulbs.