ReefSpace Help Thread

ReefLady

Staff member
For those using ReefSpace, I have noticed a few people looking for a help section on that site. That doesn't exist yet, but I'll bet I can answer most of your questions here, and probably your fellow ReefSpacers would learn a few things as well.

Also, if you're running into an error message, click the "report an issue" link at the very bottom of the page. Right next to it is "send us feedback." Both of those go to the developers at ning.com, who are working very hard to make this a site people will love and use. So don't be shy...

I may also post some tips in here if I get a hankering. Most of all, I didn't want any questions to get lost in the other thread, so here's one just for help!

T

saltwaterfarm

Sasquatch asked about a sig button in the other thread...
I wanted to know that as well. Is there a tricky- trick to adding it. I copied ans pasted the link... but it just looked "cheesy".

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Yeah a tricky trick for a linky link, that would make it one less step to accessing the space pages

ReefLady

Staff member
OK well, that's easy enough. I can make an image, but you'll have to create the link in your sig - or, take a look at how it is in my sig and see if that works as a short-term solution for you. If so, I can tell you how to do that. :)

ReefLady

Staff member
:)

OK here's how to add it to your sig. You'll need to copy the URL from your ReefSpace page... then, add this in your signature:

NOTE: TAKE OUT ALL THE "*" SYMBOLES FROM THE BELOW CODE AFTER YOU PASTE IT.. I had to put those in there so the code would show up.

[*URL="http://reefaquarium.ning.com/profile/tstaut"][*IMG]http://www.reefsanctuary.com/photos/reefspace-button.jpg[*/IMG][*/URL]

saltwaterfarm

OK... that was good. But, I am kinda attached to my addict button. It won't let me have two. How do you get the link in the sig so that you can rename it. For example My ReefSpace... then click on that and it takes you to the page? Am I being a total pain? I'm sorry... it's because of my "techy cluelessness".

ReefLady

Staff member
OK... that was good. But, I am kinda attached to my addict button. It won't let me have two. How do you get the link in the sig so that you can rename it. For example My ReefSpace... then click on that and it takes you to the page? Am I being a total pain? I'm sorry... it's because of my "techy cluelessness".

You could use the code above but remove the "IMG" tags and everything in between them and replace with whatever you want the link text to be.

An easier way is to type the link text, then click on the "link" button on your editor (the little globe with the sideways "8") and enter the URL for your page into the box that pops up.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:)

OK here's how to add it to your sig. You'll need to copy the URL from your ReefSpace page... then, add this in your signature:

NOTE: TAKE OUT ALL THE "*" SYMBOLES FROM THE BELOW CODE AFTER YOU PASTE IT.. I had to put those in there so the code would show up.

It doesn't work for me. :dunno: All I end up with is a long url link.. no pic.

saltwaterfarm

When I did it with the link... I pasted the URL between the sig pic thingy's (in the center of the two) and it worked. I know that might be a little technical for ya, LOL.

ReefLady

Staff member
OK Guys, I've integrated ReefSpace into your user profiles and beneath "karma" it will show up on your posts just like mine. But first, you have to tell ReefSanctuary your username...

1. Click on "UserCP"
2. Click "Edit Profile"
3. Scroll all the way to the bottom. There, you will see an area to type in your ReefSpace username... type the NAME, not the URL to your profile.
4. Save.
5. Post a reply here and admire your shiny new button!