Reef Angel controller questions

Shayan

Hi everyone,

I am considering buying a reef angel controller and I wanted to know if anyone here has any personal experience with this controller.
I know that there are a lot of coding involved with this controller but i have done computer programming in the past so I'm not really worried about it. The controller will be monitoring my PH, Temp, Salinity and controlling my skimmer, lights (Halide,T5, moon light), circulation pumps and the heater and ATO.

If you have this controller, do you use their mobile app? (either iphone or android) can you control your devices over the phone?

Also, how reliable is this controller? I will be traveling occasionally for 4-5 days and I don't want to come back home to a flood.

knapp870

Hey! I have had the reef angel for probably a year now. I absolutely love it and the peace of mind that comes with it. It really isn't difficult to program. I control and monitor mine via iPhone, work pc, and a widget on my desktop. It's great to be traveling and be able to check on how things are at home. You can also set up sms and email alerts if things fall outside of certain parameters.

reefer gladness

I have one and love it, I did a review here: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/equipment/81553-reef-angel-controller.html

Most of the code I either used the code-builder or I copied sections of other peoples code and just changed some of the variables. I do use the Android app and I can control devices over the phone and even do things like change the mode, speed, duration, etc. on my Vortech pumps. Note you'll need the wi-fi attachment to use the Android app.

I've not had any issues with the controller at all, the dosing pumps yes but not the controller or any other modules.

Shayan

according to their forums they had a sale last year. I just emailed Roberto (owner) to check if there'll be also one this year

knapp870

Yes, it will plot the graphs on the lcd screen, as well as accessible online through the portal, your iphone/android and the reef angel client.

reefer gladness

Ya, it logs data and graphs if you want it to, I don't use that feature but I know it does it. Not sure if they're doing a Black Friday sale but it's possible. I don't see any retailers carrying the RA controller, my guess is because of the DIY nature of the product.

It's a good controller and does what it says but it's not for everyone, in particular those who expect step-by-step instructions. Personally I think the ability to program it yourself gives it more flexibility than anything else on the market but it comes at the cost of doing the programming yourself.

modulok

Yeah, I started that forum thread up from last year's inquiry about a BF sale. I've been waiting for a few weeks for this weekend, what's another few days?

Spotted

I have one too. Really like it a lot. I can't code for nothing, but I just request what I want to do in the forums and I usually get it back in a few hours of posting!! Really AWESOME customer service/support also. I don't think you will ever get this level of service from anyone anywhere!! AND it has a 2 year warranty on it.

modulok

Reef Angel Plus Controller PWM
Wifi Attachment
Relay Expansion with Relay Box
2x Dimmable Moonlights
2x Extra Temp Probes
USB Power Cable

Total $529 ($567 Before Savings)