Reef addict for a while. New on the firum.

Turbineguy

Hey all. New here on the forum. Seems to be a good bunch. I've had reefs for about 6 years now (but not currently-Army flight school) and wanted to find a good source of experience and info. My last tank was a 75 with a mated pair of Tomatos living in a bubble tip, a pair of firefish, a yellow tang, some leathers, acros, stags, and some clams. I was using B-Ionic and iodine drops in DI water and had a Hamilton fixture. Would like to get more info on calcium reactors. I just picked up a 12g Nano to play with but want to convert it to halide for some acros and clams. Anyway thats my story so far and again greetings.

Dragon Wrasse

GO ARMY!!...Welcome to RS....good luck on flight school....they promised me AH-64 school in Texas back in the mid 80's and then stuck me Army Intel. spent my tour fighting the cold war in the middle East....turned out to be a pretty good Gig after all......Well, Welcome aboard.....

Turbineguy

Re: Reef addict for a while. New on the forum.

Thanks for the replies. "Firum". Guess I can't spell today. Anyway thanks also for the support of the military. The guys on the ground need all the help they can get.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Turbineguy, welcome to RS, post pics of the nano if you can, would love to see it. Steve

Turbineguy

Just got the Nano thursday used from a friend of mine so it's still empty and in the planning stages at this point. I do need some input regarding using a halide setup (i.e. what would be good to use etc.) and some filtration options. Already chucked the bio balls. Was thinking about trying a refugium type setup. The other idea I had was to set it up like a bigger tank and run a sump. Get a small 2.5 gallon tank set up behind the Nano with it's own light and pump on a reverse light cycle from the main tank. I take any and all ideas and feedback(good or bad).