Red Sea max 130

Dnwolf

Hey guys my tank is currently 2 1/2 weeks old..
Its finish cycling thanks to Microbacter7 and there's just one problem that keeps getting on my nerves...
The stock circulation pumps keep shooting out bubbles
I figured out that this was due to the water level in my tank . Sometimes , for some reason .. The water level in the pump unit would suddenly drop and the pump would go crazy..
Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Oh and anyone did a in-tank refugium before? Im dying to have one to breed pods as well as macroalgae to get rid of nitrates.. Preferably it should fit snuggly with my tunze 9002 ( Without the media rack)
at the filtration compartment

Thanks in advance

Oleo1975

Hello DnWolf....I'm just a few weeks ahead of you with my tank. I saw that happen to mine when I had too much filtration, I added water to the pump chamber and it has stayed balanced for the past 2 weeks with no problems. The pump upgrade (that's free) help wonderfully with this also as it dropped the intake lower in the tank.

wizardofyaz

Hey Dnwolf, you have a couple options worth the return pumps. In the red sea max forum on here there is a link to get a free upgraded return pump from rsm. Alternatively, inTank has an upgraded pump kit you can purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

wizardofyaz

Hey Dnwolf, you have a couple options with the return pumps. In the red sea max forum on here there is a link to get a free upgraded return pump from rsm. Alternatively, inTank has an upgraded pump kit you can purchase.

gbose

The upgrade pump does solve the micro-bubble problem, but only if you make sure the water level is high. As soon as it drops a bit, you get them again......

GBose