Red Sea Max 130 D by Desmond

spiraling

Thanks yes i will add fish eventually. I will start off with a pair of normal clowns to start but in time will switch out for snowflakes clowns .

Why are going to start with one pair and switch to the other? I guess in my mind if you want snowflakes then you should just get them so you don't have to catch the others. :)

Desmond

Why are going to start with one pair and switch to the other? I guess in my mind if you want snowflakes then you should just get them so you don't have to catch the others. :)
I am going back to ireland for 3 weeks in the summer and dont want to buy a pair of fancy clowns bullet hole or black ice clowns. As they are so expensive in norway i dont want to risk paying so much and losing them when away. I will buy a cheap pair just to have a fish to look at finally and also they are much tougher.450 dollars for a fancy pair and 65 dollars for a normal pair .

Desmond

I hope so myself its killing me waiting i have been waiting 1 month for it now and starting to grow impatient

Desmond

IMG_3264.jpg
Busy evening lights arrived today
So i set about installing the new lighting in my hood today. Radion xr 15 w pro.
Have wired the fans in the hood on the timer that was used for the lights so they come on when the light comes on.
I used velcro tape and some plastic blocks to hold the unit in place and completely striped out the hood. Used the cover that was over the old t5s for evaporation and protection.
Need to have a look at all the setting tomorrow and figure out what is best have it on acclimatasion mode now starting at 30% going to 50 % over the next 4 weeks and will decide if i shall raise it more then.

IMG_3259.jpg
IMG_3260.jpg
IMG_3261.jpg
IMG_3262.jpg
IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg
IMG_3269.jpg
IMG_3271.jpg

Desmond

I dont think i will go more than 65 to 70% but i will build it up over time. Getting some sps later this month so i will need to raise the intensity for sure. Going to have a good look on the net tonight and see the options for me to use :)

Desmond

I had to take the light out again lol. I forggot to put the 120 degree lens on but all is sorted now :)
Lights working great have not had a chance to play around with the setting they are on 40% aclimat mode for now and all the coral seem to be loving them. I got me a serpant star this weekend and a boxer shrimp.

Big Pete

Hi Desmond

I dont want to sound wrong here but just check the lens, mine came pre installed with the 120 lens and the 80 was spare in the box

Desmond

Was the other way around with mine. It said in the packet in the box that the 80 was installed and 120 was in the box to be changed out if wanted. There is more light coverage now for sure.

Desmond

Thank you :) it has a long way to go but i am happy with the progress. will get my first fish the week after next as i am away in france all next week :) Have my eye on some more coral also :)

Desmond

This is what came in the box Big Pete. I added a few pictures of the corals also.
Really happy with the light so i am :) I am using the radiant colour setting at the minute on 50 % with acclimatization for 4 weeks.
20150608_182040_resized.jpg

IMG_20150608_225628_resized.jpg

IMG_20150608_225343_resized.jpg

IMG_20150608_225150_resized.jpg

IMG_20150608_224950_resized.jpg

IMG_20150608_224829_resized.jpg

IMG_20150608_224608_resized.jpg

Big Pete

Looking good Desmond, the GSP is superb, i have one, it started as a frag 4 months on and it has covered the whole rock, i love it, i see what you mean re the lens, mine siad the exact opposite.

I am glad you like the Radion, when i manage to create a good schedule i will share it with you.

Just bought a Magnificent Foxface should have him in the tank by Friday afternoon, i will post a few pics when he settles in.

Desmond

Very nice :) lovely fish that is. I moved a coral or 2 last night to make space on the right hand side of the tank. Going to move the toadstool down a bit and use up section for sps and then have all LPS to the right. Yes i love the green star polyps even if others think it is a weed lol

superfrog

Great work with the lighting install. How are you finding the spread of light with the 120 degree optics?

The Radion I am busy installing into my hood currently has the TIR lenses on. Wondering if I should switch back to the originals. Difficult to tell for me as the tank has not been set up yet...