Red Sea Launch the E Series aquarium.

StevieT

RS Sponsor
Wow, awesome looking.

Guessing the filter chambers, mainly the media rack area is the same as the C-Series?

:fingerscrossed:

Danreef

Well folks, Today we are pleased to announce the launch of the Red Sea E Series Reef Spec Aquarium

http://www.redseafish.com/aquarium-s.../max-e-series/

Hi Kev

Watched the video and looks GREAT !!

Of course, having a MAX 250 I am more interested now in knowing.

A) Do you sell the integrated AL Hydra LED to hang on on the others 250s or we just need to buy it from any retrailer ?

C) Skimmer : those it fit any of the other 250.

D) same for overflow and sump kit

Thanks
Daniel

Last edited:

Danreef

Hi Kev

A) Do you sell the integrated AL Hydra LED to hang on on the others 250s or we just need to buy it from any retrailer ?

Thanks
Daniel

Hi Kev

Any answers to my questions ?

Thanks
Daniel

a361c

Awesome! Very excited to see Red Sea ahead of the pack innovation wise(again). Are they available for sale now? Also any prices?

Danreef

Hi Kev

Thanks
Daniel

I do not understand why RED SEA is NOT answering these questions.

Is there something wrong with them ?

Thanks
Daniel

steveh

Danreef: you posted on Friday and Kev has been on a very well earned if somewhat short break. Also, he is in the UK so there's always a time difference to account for. We are not selling the AI lighting separately. They come as part of the equipment spec of the MAX-E. However as our testing showed them to provide the reef-spec criteria we require they present a great option for anyone with a Reefer, even if they cannot be purchased through Red Sea.
The skimmer is our MSK which is supplied with the C-250. For those wishing to run an in-cabinet sump rather than the standard sump, the optional pipework set can be purchased with or without an in-cabinet sump as we know some people will prefer their own design of sump.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Kev

Thanks
Daniel
Hi Daniel.
As Steve H has said, we will not be selling AI lighting, if that is what you want then you will need to go through the normal channels for AI lighting, we will only offer AI Hydra 26HD as part of a genuine Red Sea lighting system, the units we supply will have a unique serial number to Red Sea, any units supplied as spares under warranty will only be swapped on a like for like basis with aquarium serial number taken into consideration.

Overflow pipe kits and sumps for the E series will be available from launch date of the E series.

The MSK 900 skimmer that is standard in the C Max 250 also fits the E Series, it does not fit the original Max 250.

Danreef

Hi Daniel.
As Steve H has said, we will not be selling AI lighting, if that is what you want then you will need to go through the normal channels for AI lighting, we will only offer AI Hydra 26HD as part of a genuine Red Sea lighting system, the units we supply will have a unique serial number to Red Sea, any units supplied as spares under warranty will only be swapped on a like for like basis with aquarium serial number taken into consideration.

Overflow pipe kits and sumps for the E series will be available from launch date of the E series.

The MSK 900 skimmer that is standard in the C Max 250 also fits the E Series, it does not fit the original Max 250.

Thank you Kev and Steve !!!

ALF786

Hi Everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows if the new REM E series will come in a bigger size. right now there are two models and up to 69 gallons. will RSM come out with a larger E series?.

steveh

While we never say "never", there are currently no plans to offer a larger MAX-E. Running a rear sump on anything significantly larger than the E-260 makes maintenance difficult hence why we would suggest looking at the MAX-S. Details of the new LED-driven MAX-S range will be coming out in the next 2-3 weeks including a complete video presentation.