Red Mandarin???

goody

I'm going to buy a Psychedelic Mandarin, but I'm still trying to figure out if there are Red Mandarins. I've read some articles and seen some images of the Psychedelic Mandarins where the bodies are red not blue. Is this just a color variant or is there actually a Red Psychedelic Mandarin?

jski711

it is a color varient, and i wouldn't say red. It seems the red is more dominant but there is still blue and green in them. i've never seen any pics of an all red S. splendidus. so i guess to answer you question technically there is no "red" mandarin. hth.

Jake

ps if you have a picture of what ur talking about please post it.

jr999

I've had this guy for close to 4 years now. Only one I've ever seen at the store I go to.

TankMarch16036.jpg

SeaMunky

Hey JR...Awesome lookin Mandarin..simply gorgeous..
Ohh and Nice to see another one of us from Ontario..We're neighbours..:)

jski711

if thats what you considered red then yes they exhist. there is still a little blue in him but not much at all. its a color variation, btw is that a female, from what i can tell it is. if so i would highly suggest trying to breed that baby. i have only seen one other picture of a mandarin that has that much red in him. That is a gorgeous fish!!!!

Jake

goody

WOW! That is a beautiful fish. So is it safe to put two different colors of the psychedelic in one tank, because it would be different than a Green Target and a Psychedelic right?

jski711

i would only do that if you have 2 females. i don't care what color they are males will fight to the death!! even 2 males or different species is risky, like a green and a psychedelic.

goody

i would only do that if you have 2 females. i don't care what color they are males will fight to the death!! even 2 males or different species is risky, like a green and a psychedelic.
But what about a male and female? That's what I meant.