HELP! Red blemishes on angelfish

Bahamasteve

Good Day,

I have some grey angelfish in my tank, and I noticed that these red blemishes are appearing on the side of them. My readings are:

ammonia: 0.13 mg/L
nitrite: 0.06 mg/L
nitrate: 8.7 mg/L
pH: 7.8

At first, I assumed it was ammonia poisoning, but they still seem to be acting normally. I'm not seeing them coming up for air, or swimming erratically. I have included some pictures. If any of you have any idea what it can possibly be, please let me know. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2887.JPG
    IMG_2887.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2888.JPG
    IMG_2888.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2889.JPG
    IMG_2889.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 4

Bahamasteve

One possibility by going by the pictures maybe wounds from fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good day,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking the same thing, But I also noticed redness along the top of the dorsal fin. Could possibly by caused by fighting, but it appears to be getting redder and swelling over time.

DaveK

I'm thinking that these are infections. Possibly aggravated by fighting or the ammonia. This doesn't look good at all. My thought would be to treat them with antibiotics. Obviously this would meed to be done in a quarantine tank, since antibiotics will kill the biological filtration bacteria too.

mr_tap_water

Hi there
IMO I don't think it is ammonia if your fish are feeding still and not staying still on the bottom or even gossiping for air which are few of the symptoms with too much ammonia,
it may be a bacterial infection and again it may not and may only be down to fighting my first port of call would be to keep the water as clean as possible and if you can quarantine damaged or infected fish.

Bahamasteve

Hi there
IMO I don't think it is ammonia if your fish are feeding still and not staying still on the bottom or even gossiping for air which are few of the symptoms with too much ammonia,
it may be a bacterial infection and again it may not and may only be down to fighting my first port of call would be to keep the water as clean as possible and if you can quarantine damaged or infected fish.

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I truly appreciate it

Bahamasteve

I'm thinking that these are infections. Possibly aggravated by fighting or the ammonia. This doesn't look good at all. My thought would be to treat them with antibiotics. Obviously this would meed to be done in a quarantine tank, since antibiotics will kill the biological filtration bacteria too.
Thank you for your suggestion. I truly appreciate it