Recall on Hanna Alk Reagent

Oxylebius

There is a recall on Hanna Alkalinity reagent - https://hannainst.wufoo.com/forms/w1hzjs2j1b4ejyu/

Certain HI755-26 Alkalinity Checker Reagents were affected by a chemical compatibility issue. This has been resolved and Hanna will replace any HI755-26 reagents that were affected.

Please go to the website that I posted above and check to see if your lot number is one that has been affected.

BTW - there was a lot of discussion on my local forum about the possibility of phishing on this b/c Hanna is using a different site to collect your information (so that they can send you the replacement bottles). Doing my own research almost all the various forums on the web right now have a post on this recall.

I've waited a few days for feedback and a number of people contacted Hanna directly. Apparently, the recall is legit and this is the website that Hanna is using for the recall.

The problem is actually an incompatibility between the reagent and the liner in the cap. If the reagent is stored upright and does not come into contact with the liner, it's good. If it's stored on it's side (such as in the kit), then it may react and give bad readings. They've fixed the sourcing problem.

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
I was somewhat concerned about phishing as well, but BRS contacted me to let me know that the reagent I ordered was affected. Gotta love BRS.

NickF

I just bought some last week, I hadn't even opened the package.
Just checked the lot number on the link and it needs replacing.
Thanks for the heads up Oxy :thumber2: