Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
It is a lot of fun Blake. I'm sure you're having fun too rearing your ponies :)

I had to move Uno and his mate a few times recently so their spawning has stopped. I expect they will begin again when they become comfortable with their new home.

colby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Very Nice!

Awesome looking fish Doni!

Did you move the pair into a similar tank with anemone and such? Regardless they should resume spawning within four - six weeks.

Colby

MarvinsReef

Thanks Marvin :)
Yours should be pretty awesome too by now. Got pics?
Hi Doni... I will take some updated pics... I'm currently in London right now and will be back to the US tomorrow... I'm hoping my babies are alright... I just got a report a few days ago that they are doing okay so I'm glad to hear that... :)

Oh yeah... at 27 days old I am already seeing some cool markings :) They are so tiny I cannot see it with my eyes but the digital camera helps me!
is this the big spawn from Uno and Mrs Uno? looking really good... :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Very Nice!

Awesome looking fish Doni!

Did you move the pair into a similar tank with anemone and such? Regardless they should resume spawning within four - six weeks.

Colby

Thanks! I have put all of the BTA's in my reef tank until the new tank is ready. The breeders have a shallow sand bed and a clay pot right now.

BTW... UNO and his WC female spawned yesterday :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
looking good Donie

Thank you! :)

Hi Doni... I will take some updated pics... I'm currently in London right now and will be back to the US tomorrow... I'm hoping my babies are alright... I just got a report a few days ago that they are doing okay so I'm glad to hear that... :)

is this the big spawn from Uno and Mrs Uno? looking really good... :)

Did I miss the new photos?? :)

Yes, those photos are from the two spawns I have collected from Uno and his mate.

MarvinsReef

Did I miss the new photos?? :)

Yes, those photos are from the two spawns I have collected from Uno and his mate.
cool... did they develop more white yet?!? :)

I'll be doing a water change tonight and tomorrow so I'll take a vid or a few pics sometime this weekend... sorry, I'm lagging.. still catching up from the vacation... :)

MarvinsReef

No, they have not developed more white. It appears that a very small percentage will develop extra white markings.
ah... I see... Thanks Doni...

one request, would you take some pics of the most black "C" grade Picasso's? since most of the B, A, & Snowcasso seem to develop their black at an early age, I was wondering how the C grade are developing... Thanks again... :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
ah... I see... Thanks Doni...

one request, would you take some pics of the most black "C" grade Picasso's? since most of the B, A, & Snowcasso seem to develop their black at an early age, I was wondering how the C grade are developing... Thanks again... :)

Sure. I will take some pics of the oldest C's this weekend.... feel free to remind me :eek: The C's are developing their last stripe and black coloration MUCH slower than the A's, B's and Snowcassos are.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I think if Doni can get a happy medium between grade a and plat perculas, it would be great. Platinum perculas look like crap.

The Platinum are neat looking. My Snowcassos are similar but have cool black markings throughout the white when they mature. You know I have to like mine better ;)

Poppinthekap

Hey Woodstock, I just found this page and I think it is awesome!

I have a mated pair of Picassos so naturally I have a couple of question for when they do actually start breeding (due to an Ich crisis they are currently in a QT but will be back to their anemone in about 3 weeks).

How long after night do the eggs start hatching (I have read about an hour)? How long does it typically take from the time the first egg hatches and the last? Have you ever tried siphoning out the fry immediately after hatching instead of moving the pot? I read that is another method that can work but I wanted to get your opinion. Thanks a lot!

Peace,
Poppinthekap

Poppinthekap

Hey Woodstock, I just found this page and I think it is awesome!

I have a mated pair of Picassos so naturally I have a couple of question for when they do actually start breeding (due to an Ich crisis they are currently in a QT but will be back to their anemone in about 3 weeks).

How long after night do the eggs start hatching (I have read about an hour)? How long does it typically take from the time the first egg hatches and the last? Have you ever tried siphoning out the fry immediately after hatching instead of moving the pot? I read that is another method that can work but I wanted to get your opinion. Thanks a lot!

Peace,
Poppinthekap

Hey Doni, Here is my first Picasso clownfish, I couldn't pass up what a deal it was. We bought an establised 20 gallon and set it up also. lol. This is addicting.

DSCF8338.JPG

DSCF8337.JPG