Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

I ended up removing him from the bag he was in. It looked sad. Floated him for about 15. He looked less than animated. I was thinking "Don't let him die on me." After I started the drip and the oxygen level started to rise, he got more active. After bout an hour, the real fun began. My existing sub-onyx percula tried to kill him with. I used the soda bottle with a hole technique I have been using with my Maroons (worked). YOu make a hole big enough for the little guy to escape but small enough that mama cant get in. He will leave when hes ready and all is well. Well,. I got stupid and let him out of his bottle early and my female try to use him as a chew toy. Long story short, they are both in my tank now and my wife wants to quote "Squish him".

His name is "elvis" because of the sideburns.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I ended up removing him from the bag he was in. It looked sad. Floated him for about 15. He looked less than animated. I was thinking "Don't let him die on me." After I started the drip and the oxygen level started to rise, he got more active. After bout an hour, the real fun began. My existing sub-onyx percula tried to kill him with. I used the soda bottle with a hole technique I have been using with my Maroons (worked). YOu make a hole big enough for the little guy to escape but small enough that mama cant get in. He will leave when hes ready and all is well. Well,. I got stupid and let him out of his bottle early and my female try to use him as a chew toy. Long story short, they are both in my tank now and my wife wants to quote "Squish him".

His name is "elvis" because of the sideburns.

So are they getting along okay now?

You wife wants to squish as in hugging I hope! :eek:

I dont have pics yet. Hes sooo squirmy. Im also a bit concerned with the food i fed them, its a new food i got and it clouded the water. I am debating to do a water change to be safe.

swimmer4uus

4 hours later, and I've read every post in this thread and I'm left speachless. Bought a pair. Interesting to know, you uploaded three pairs of picasso's on 3-15-09 at roughing 8pm. They're all sold by 3am the following morning...I know cause I bought a pair to replace the two I just lost

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I dont have pics yet. Hes sooo squirmy. Im also a bit concerned with the food i fed them, its a new food i got and it clouded the water. I am debating to do a water change to be safe.

Definately do a water change! Cloudy water could be either a sand storm, additive dillution or a bacterial bloom. If the latter, then daily water changes are needed as well as rinsing all filters, sponges, or anything that may have ditritus on it. Test the ammonia/nitrites and perform water changes as need to keep those levels down.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
4 hours later, and I've read every post in this thread and I'm left speachless. Bought a pair. Interesting to know, you uploaded three pairs of picasso's on 3-15-09 at roughing 8pm. They're all sold by 3am the following morning...I know cause I bought a pair to replace the two I just lost

I am thrilled that I kept you interested for 4 hours :D
Yes, they do sell quickly it seems but I will be posting more tonight or tomorrow evening.

Doni I just thought about the luck your having and realized that after all the clownfish you have sold you must be rich ( just remember if all the money your making is a little to heavy to hold I can always take some of your hands) LOL

swimmer4uus

HPIM2603.jpg

HPIM2604.jpg

HPIM2605.jpg

HPIM2607.jpg

Those are the only one's I have with the little guys in there

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Whoohooo!!!

:dance: :dance:

I now have another spawning pair!!!

:dance: :dance:

My wild caught female and my Snowcasso named "UNO" spawned yesterday!!! It was a small spawn but there are still 100 or so remaining on the spawing site this morning!! This is sooo exciting! I can barely wait to see what they will look like! These will give fresh genes to the offspring and hopefully fantastic markings!

For the record, the male is only 8 months old and the female is close to 3 years old. Males mature VERY quickly.

This is the pair that spawned:

Video taken 3-21-09, a few days prior to spawning:

Howdy

Congratulation Woodstock,

I am not suprized however. It seems whatever you put your mind to gets accomplished. I am thinking you may have to expand your growout operations! (yes I have been lurking for quite some time and have finally posted)

Would you mind following the spawn until metamorphosis if you plan on hatching with pictures and such. I am quite excited as to what this breeding pair will give you for variations.:dance:

Jamie

ScubaDrew

Hey Doni,

I've really enjoyed this thread! Congrats on your new breeding pair. My parents were in town last week and while showing them my tank guess what we found?!

My clowns were spawning at that very moment!

Unfortunately I just don't think I have time to setup a breeding tank, although it is something I would really enjoy doing.

I'm sure I can 'google' the answer but how long do you think clowns will continue to spawn together?

Thanks again for sharing your experience!