Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

I demand random updated photos of your fish and system immediately for my own "clownfish fix". Everytime I go to my LFS, I come home with something.

frakendolly

Thank you so much Doni!
I just spent this snowy morning reading your thread!
You are truly amazing. I signed up for your newsletter.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Do you have any reports of your babies spawing, other than the ones you've kept?
No, not yet.

I demand random updated photos of your fish and system immediately for my own "clownfish fix". Everytime I go to my LFS, I come home with something.
I'll do my best to get some photos of my systems this weekend :)

Thank you so much Doni!
I just spent this snowy morning reading your thread!
You are truly amazing. I signed up for your newsletter.
I am glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the kind words :)

Phyxius

I guess I need to start believing you. LOL~

Feel like drilling a few holes when you deliver it? We can drill the 65 and that last 20 long if you have time. I've not used the hole saw yet so it is still brand new.

Like I said this AM I never saw this post before I dropped the stand off but we will drill the tank Thurs night and get you done. See you after 6:00 some time. :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Like I said this AM I never saw this post before I dropped the stand off but we will drill the tank Thurs night and get you done. See you after 6:00 some time. :)

Great! :thumbup:
I ordered an overflow and bulkhead from glassholes yesterday that should be delivered by Saturday so I'll have it plumbed and running on Monday and the horses will be added next week sometime! :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Adam & Eve spawned!!

"Uno", a snowcasso that I raised has been successfully fertilizing and caring for eggs since he was only 8 months old. But today, my pair of Snowcassos spawned! Adam & Eve :D They were born around July'08 so they are about 1yr 7 months old (give or take a month).
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

They ate the eggs but that is somewhat normal for new parents.

(Sorry for the dirty glass)

have you thought about getting a plat percula to introduce to a snowcasso. Not sure if those Plats are sterile but heh. It may increase the occurrence of your favorable traits

Woodstock

RS STAFF
have you thought about getting a plat percula to introduce to a snowcasso. Not sure if those Plats are sterile but heh. It may increase the occurrence of your favorable traits

Naaa... I am not trying for a solid white. I already have four Picasso/snowcasso mixed pairs now and if they all start spawning, I'll have to cut back on my sleeping time ;)

swimmer4uus

Will you be raising these fry seperately for a while to see what percentage of their offspring are picasso? I'd for one would like to see.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Yes. Each spawn is raised in individual tanks for the first 3-4 months and then sorted by grades.

Naaa... I am not trying for a solid white. I already have four Picasso/snowcasso mixed pairs now and if they all start spawning, I'll have to cut back on my sleeping time ;)

Im not saying to shoot for all white.

Maybe an all white male or female mixed with an A or Snowcasso could produce higher % of fish like the one in your avatar.

I don't want an all white fish, but I do want the one in your profile.

leah

Hello,
Just wondering about the picasso genetics...If you are breeding 2 picasso to each other, if you were to take 2 normal percula looking offspring from the picasso pair and bred them to each other (brother to sister), do the genetics work such that you would get some picasso offspring?

Also if I buy a pair from your website sometime in the future, how much flow is too much for the little guys? I have a 28g JBJ cube with the 2 stock pumps (265GPH or something) in the overflow, 2 koralia hydro 2s in the main tank, and will have a maxijet 1200 running a 1/20HP chiller. Would that be ok or do I need to grow them out in a less turbulent environment?