Reality Check!!!!

Michael_Lambert

Well today,
Is a sad day!!! I have come to realize that I went out for lunch 5 years ago when I bought my first tank but Never came back!!!!!!!!!

I got a letter from hydro today saying they re evaluated our usage ( we are on fixed rate ) and they said I used a lot more hydro last summer than the year before so they have fixed the rate to accommodate it! So my Fixed rate went from $230 a month to $480 per month!!!! DAMIT! So I have come to the conclusion I need to consolidate my tanks!

Current setup!

30 Gallon Fresh water tank ( 2x 36 inch NO Lights )
90 Gallon Reef tank ( 2x 175 watt Halides , 2x 120 watt VHO )
90 Gallon Predator tank ( 2x 120 watt VHO )
135 gallon Reef tank ( 2 X 250 Watt Halides , 2x 140 watt VHO )
29 Gallon Reef tank ( 1 x 250 Watt Halide )

1920 watts of lighting!!!!!!!! No Wonder my House is soooo dam HOT!!!

So I have decided to Consolidate!!!!!

None of my tanks are “Full” So im doing this..

The 135 Gallon will run one of the 90 gallons for a sump and will be a Fish only with Live rock! .. with a couple of VHO’s on it

Going to Pick up a 65 gallon tank use it on one of the 90 gallon setups.. ( Stand and Canopy ) that 90 from that setup will become the sump to the fish only tank.. and in that 65 gallon going to use it as a Reef tank! Center a Single 250 watt Halide and run 2x 120 watt VHO 10ks so I will center what I have left of my SPS and Clam and then keep all the softies with my Hammer and Frogspawn on the sides!

See my problem is I have 3 reef tanks that are partially filled! .. So I can FULLY stock a 65 Gallon Nicely ! Was going to use one of the 90s.. but want to go with the 16 high so that way the VHO will penetrate nicely!

And I will sell the Eel and Lion fish, With that tank.. and all the other left over parts and maybe come up with a enough to cover my ½ the weddings next Sept :)

What do you all think? I will go from 1920 watts of light to running 790 watts! : and Have a Full Blown reef tank… Maybe worth TOTM Honors :p

Thanks
Michael

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
WOW what a water bill

goood luck with your consolidation sounds like you'll end up with one verynice reef tank

Michael_Lambert

We rent a townhouse.. lol, Water is included.. THANK GOD!

Im just hoping i can fit all this rock in :)

Got about 400 pounds of rock.. Im thinking 100 pounds in the 65 50 in the sump of the 65 and tehn 200 in the 135 and 50 in that sump.. Should work :)

Cougra

EEK said:
WOW what a water bill

goood luck with your consolidation sounds like you'll end up with one verynice reef tank
The Hydro bill is electricity. It's a fall back from when 90% of our electricty was provided through the use of hydro dams and our electic company name was "Ontario Hydro." They have since changed the source of the electricty and the name of the utilities company however everyone still refers to the the electric bill as "Hydro."

Micheal, I'm sorry to hear about the reevaluation. Our hydro costs are only going to increase and I fear at a rapid rate for the next little since the governments sold off all our assets. Wait till they get the smart meters working and we'll need to reset all our timers to turn the lights on after supper and off in the middle of the night.

Brucey

Hi Mike . . . can you come to an agreement that if they pay for the electric you will pay the water bill . . . . . you'll be quids in !!!
Hee hee
Brucey