RBTA hiding

RDrink25

My RBTA has found a place under a ledge keeping out of direct lighting. Will this be ok or should I try and move him. I have a stock RSM 130D. He is eating fine and found this place on his own.

P1010123.jpg

ChrisOaty

Under almost all circumstances you should never try moving an rbta. It is very hard to dislodge a nem's foot from rock without injury. Nems will hide from light for a couple reasons...depending on the tank's parameters. If your tank is well established with stable/pristine water conditions, it may seek a darker/more sheltered location for it to split. Nems will split when they are healthy and deem it a good time to "reproduce". Nems will also split when they are very stressed. So, if you haven't tested your water in a while, now would be a great time to do so. It may give you better insight into why your RBTA has decided to hide a little. Your RBTA does, however, look to be healthy. Nice and deep in color. Look for an elongation of his foot. If he is going to split, he will try getting a good grip in a wide stance and literally pull himself apart.