rbta closed

RDrink25

My rbta has been closed for a couple days and will not take food either any suggestions?

P1010191.jpg

P1010192.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hmm.....if i'm reading your signature right your tank is about 3 months old.......most people will say the tank is too new for an anenome (i heard 1 year min). If they are not happy because of flow and light they usually move so it is tough to say what's wrong with your guy........i would start with water quality though.....how are all your readings? Using RO/DI?

If he takes a turn for the worse, you'll know why they call anenome's sewer pots.......you'll want to remove him asap.

RDrink25

He doesn't move at all has stayed in the same spot

5/15
amm .0
ph 8.4
temp 77
rate 20
rite .0
phos .58
alk 3.47
cal 400
mag 1160
sal .026

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I'm no expert here but nitrates at 20 and phosphates at .58 can't be helping the situation......hopefully some others can chime in.

ChrisOaty

With a tank as new as yours, it'll take nothing but immaculate water conditions to keep him healthy. Nitrates need to go down. Alk and calcium are more important for corals but they are a low as well (around 7 and 450, respectively). Keep up on your water changes.

RDrink25

im working on getting them down. He was eating just fine since has as been in there and has just recently closed up what should I do?

RDrink25

No all i have ever fed it was little pieces of mysis. Today a Snail was stuck on him so I moved the snail and a white mist was coming from the RBTA. I dont think he is well should I remove it from the tank? There is nothing in the tank except corals.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
no! if its sticky enough to hold a snail its still ok, now it "may" have the trots and is trying to expel something it didn't like or (unlikely a spawning event) just for fun only put on your actinic lighting for two days and see if it looks better, somehow your tank looks very bright and it may not like the daylight bulb.

20nano

I had the same problem happening to my Rose anemone. Posted it in the general forum section like 2 month ago. What was happening to mine was that it was splitting. It didnt do anything for a few days and just looking gloomy and closed in most of the time. I got home 1 day and i saw 2 which came to me as a surprise because i only had it for about 2 month until it split. That is my case, maybe not yours i dont know, but would be great if t is splitting for you huh?

I think anemone sting > frogspawn sting (not positive though)

But anyways I'd focus on getting the trates down. Every thread I've read has had a common issue of high trates (over 10 or so). Other than that it could be a split.

BioMarine

I know that this is usually the case, where the nem sting is stronger, however i know the rbta has one of the weakest stings out of nems. So you may absolutely be right that the nem sting is still stronger, just wasn't sure if a nem just put into a system (shocked) would have problems with frogspawn stings. Just throwing that out there, correct me if i'm wrong.

PIMPALA

sometimes mine get mad and dont open much for days... then BAM, all good.

just be patient. id give it a few more days and see what happens. but water changes with those params will absolutely NOT hurt anything. in fact, i'd suggest it.