radion g1 advice please

swissgaurd

hi
im here to ask some buying advice

not sure if its a good deal or not but a fellow reefer has a Radion g1 with upgraded TIR lenses
selling for 200 and needs a fan replaced,the fixture is in good shape.
do you guys think its a good deal and should I jump on this.
can I still do more upgrades to the fixture or am I stuck.
thanks

vic

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hey Vic,
200 is a good price unless it was used hard. Price out the fan change

The TIR lenses are the only upgrade I think you can do without replacing the pucks with the new ones.

swissgaurd

wasn't used to hard ,just waiting on a fan replacement price from ecotech,as I couldn't see it on there site

thanks

vic

DaveK

It is a good price on the light. By all means make sure you get a fan replacement price. Also, make sure the fan is the problem. In other words, have the seller replace the fan before you buy it. Remember, the problem could also be that a good fan isn't getting power, and something is wrong inside the fixture. LED lighting often uses elaborate fan control electronics, and if that's bad, the fan will not run.

Another consideration is that buying used leaves you without a warranty. This means that if the fixture goes bad, you will have an expensive repair, if you can get parts. If you can't get parts, you got a nice paperweight.

Lastly, consider how well this fits into your existing lighting system. Will you need additional fixtures? Do you want to be able to run all your from a single controller?