Quick noob question

tank stalker

I was trying to pick out fish for my 65 gal and some of the fish I looked at said 70 min would a 65 be sufficient ?

Stalking a tank near you

mikecc

Dunno...what is it? How many gallon tank you got? How much is displaced with live rock and such? Taqnk dimensions? Maybe?

tank stalker

Um as stated above I have a 65 gallon I plan on 60lbs of live rock the tank is 3 long 18 in wide and 2ft high

Stalking a tank near you

tank stalker

I plan on putting a red dwarf fuzzy lion and a yellow wart skin frogfish and trying to do a little research in other fish I can stock with them. But some that I like say 70 gallon min hence my question

Stalking a tank near you

DaveK

Whit the two fish in question, a red dwarf fuzzy lion and a yellow wart skin frog fish, I don't think you have a problem. Both of these fish are ambush predators and don't do a lot of movement around the tank. Other fish such as a tang, I would say no, since the tank is only 3 feel long, and a tang needs running room.

You always need to consider the individual fish species.

tank stalker

Whit the two fish in question, a red dwarf fuzzy lion and a yellow wart skin frog fish, I don't think you have a problem. Both of these fish are ambush predators and don't do a lot of movement around the tank. Other fish such as a tang, I would say no, since the tank is only 3 feel long, and a tang needs running room.

You always need to consider the individual fish species.
I know I'm fine with those 2 but was looking at other fish I can stock in with them. Like a walking batfish, long nose hawk fish and maybe couple if squirrel fish. On a couple of the ones I wanted said 70 gallon min, so I was just trying to ask how much of a difference it made me having a 65gallon. And from what I gathered from tour response is it would just depend on the fish

Stalking a tank near you