Quick ID

plecosword

hmm weird little stick, it moves back and forth with water movement. nice avatar BTW, are you into reptiles?

SeahorseBT

The caulerpa is illegal in CA because people flush it or throw it into the ocean and it starts an infestation.

plecosword

The caulerpa is illegal in CA because people flush it or throw it into the ocean and it starts an infestation.
I know, I contacted SCCAT, they toldme how to get rid of it. you just freeze the piece of rock and through it away. I got a penutworm in there though, so im going to just keep trimming the evil thing.

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
andre, I know a thing or two about reptiles and amphibians. I just cant keep them where I am living right now(what a stupid rule that is) when me and the wife gets a house, im already looking at some challenging things for most: a nice chameleon and a tree frog terrarium.

My brain has lots of animal care information in it. i know and love all types, dogs/cats/birds/sm animals(nasty little creatures)/rept.+phibians/and #1 FISH (all kinds, not just reef)

plecosword

andre, I know a thing or two about reptiles and amphibians. I just cant keep them where I am living right now(what a stupid rule that is) when me and the wife gets a house, im already looking at some challenging things for most: a nice chameleon and a tree frog terrarium.

My brain has lots of animal care information in it. i know and love all types, dogs/cats/birds/sm animals(nasty little creatures)/rept.+phibians/and #1 FISH (all kinds, not just reef)
same here exept maybe dogs, nasty little things. I may build a paludarium, part water, part land. Check out this album, it has all the tanks I really like, to get an idea.
plecosword/wows - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

plecosword

any ideas on this green stick yet? I was ableto get better pics with an SLR camara.
I have 2 new sticks, still tiny.
macro134.jpg

you can see the deatil on this one

macro130.jpg

seafansar

I have two of those stick things in my tank. I think they are a kind of algae, but I'm not 100% sure.

heels92

So I just saw this growing in my tank. So I should get rid of this asap? Including the rock it is growing on. Is this worse than hair algae?

plecosword

So I just saw this growing in my tank. So I should get rid of this asap? Including the rock it is growing on. Is this worse than hair algae?
Oh there is nothing worse than hair algae. These little things are harmeless. they dont spread so fast. I would leave them unless they look that bad to you.

heels92

I actually thought they were cool looking. I just wanted to make sure they would not take over. I have a corner of hair algae that I have never been able to get rid of. But otherwise tank looks good. Also have some purple macro algae.

plecosword

cool. I thought the hair algae looked really neat. when you pull it of, it seams to spread so much faster. I have it all over the place now an it does'nt look so nice anymore.