Questions about the harlequin shrimp

inverttank10

Hello everyone,
I recently started a 10g invert tank with live rocks and 1.5-2 inch sandbed mainly for a pair of harlequin shrimps. I would say that things are running smoothly b/c the shrimp has already eaten 4 legs of a chocochip seastar and has molted once after a few weeks of introducing it to the tank. I wanted to get a pair but couldnt b/c the partner died at the lfs before i could get them, so i want to ask if anyone could help my id the sex of my shrimp(i think it is female because it was larger than the one that died on the lfs, and i noticed 2 blue spots below the tail almost at the end). And aside from making it a pair, can i add other types of shrimp and how many more can i add?
Thank you!

Ps. I could not upload the pics for the shrimp, maybe i could send thru email?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You need 5 posts before you can add pictures. Comment 3 more times on others tanks and you'll be good to go.

inverttank10

Mrs salt how big is your tank? I build a cave from LR for the shrimp to hide, and he dragged the seastsr inside and munches on it everytime, i see him/ her walk back and forth a few times then sometimes he even drags the seastar to where ever he goes :D

inverttank10

Here are some of the photos of the shrimp

3ununujy.jpg

u3a4ynyd.jpg

2ugujy8a.jpg

egehuzu6.jpg

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Mrs salt how big is your tank? I build a cave from LR for the shrimp to hide, and he dragged the seastsr inside and munches on it everytime, i see him/ her walk back and forth a few times then sometimes he even drags the seastar to where ever he goes :D

Lol I'm Alan.

Rsm 650, which is a 5x2x2. Very cool pics of a stunning creature. I don't think people realise just how cool these guys are until they see one in the flesh, its just the way they walk around like they Own the place. Never ever see it dart about in a hurry like other shrimp.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/83315-als-red-sea-650-a.html[url]

inverttank10

Nice to meet you, i'm scott. Uhm i dont know what rsm 650 is LOL, sorry im am not familiar with the abbreviations. And yes they are VERY cool, mine doesnt have anytankmates yet but everytime i try to take acloser look at him/her, it acts like its gonna claw you to death :) oh btw, can you id if male or female? :D