question on clowns

Cougra

Craig Manoukian said:
Take your water to your LFS and they should test it for nothing!
Find out what test kits your LFS uses. I know that my LFS's just takes the same kit off the shelf which is normally made by hagen because they don't want to "waist" a more expensive test kit (Salifert = $45+ here and are under lock and key in some stores) on free water tests!

If they use a cheap test kit as well it wont matter what the readings are as it'll be just as unreliable as the tests you can do at home.

20gsalt

well ill get a new test kit are hagen test kits good and as far as the clowns im not sure if there tank raised or wild sorry but good news the clown thats alive hes doing alot better hes eating and swimming around

Craig Manoukian

If you added the two clowns at the same time that could cause an ammonia spike and unbalance a small body of water in a 20 gallon. Just a thought.

Glad to hear that one survived if I read this thread correctly.

20gsalt

Craig Manoukian said:
If you added the two clowns at the same time that could cause an ammonia spike and unbalance a small body of water in a 20 gallon. Just a thought.

Glad to hear that one survived if I read this thread correctly.

yeah thats right one survived

seacat7up

20gsalt said:
i alredy did 2 waterchanges and salinity is 1.023 ph is 8.3 no amonia no nitrate and no nitrites temp stays around 76-79 and also sad news the one that was breathing heavy no were to be found today:cry1:
treat for ich right off. recheck parameters but DONT do a water change. thats what happened too me. i lost all 3 clowns to ich, because i did two water changes before i treated and after before i moved them from the quarantine tank. take out the carbon from the filter, and gradually turn the temp to 80 degrees. make sure you check the paramters every day and continue to treat for the 5 days, miracyn 2 works great, for more info go to liveaquaria.com and look under medications. thats what i did. i havent replaced my clowns yet am just waiting til i get my live rocks a little more propagated first. but treat for ich now. its the ich and the stress of cleaning the tank thats doing it. and keep the tank lights low.
my royal gramma went through it. didnt eat for two weeks. i just left him alone and checked the parameters and bought a better filter. now hes eating like a horse and his color is the brightest ive seen since ive had him and thats going on 6 months now.