Question for Max forum users

steveh

Hi All,
With the impending launch of the new Red Sea Reefer aquarium Series, we want to know if you guys would prefer it to be added to the Max forum, as it is an aquarium from us, or whether you prefer us to keep it on our sponsor section as it is not a MAX.
Thanks for any feedback, and we'll respect the consensus.

DaddyTLi

I saw the info from the reaseafish.com site. From a general forum perspective, I consider this to be "Red Sea Owners Club". Any tank will do. My two cents (is worth far less now a days).

Tom

Choff

But they will have a different skimmer, different lights, different pumps.... Oh wait, so do I. :D

...stupid auto correct

LakeLivin

But they will have a different skimmer, different lights, different pumps.... Oh wait, so do I. :D

...stupid auto correct

Haha, Yup we/they will. I'm looking seriously at other tank setup that have the dimensions I'm looking for and a great sump layout but nothing else. The Reefer just may be what I'm looking for but I also have my eye on a NUVO SR SERIES SR-120. I need to see these tanks in person and learn whole lot more about them. Any recommendations of others I should explore?

There are a few custom tank builders in the area that I plan to entertain as well. I plan to be much more thorough and get everything done right the first time. My 500 MAX-s is behaving well but it's not for a guy like me who likes to load it with his own equipment that can be easily replaced/upgrade as the hobby grows.

The MAX circulation pumps are just getting in my way and create a large space that I have to worry about keeping clean. Especially considering I'm only running 1 of the 3 pumps back there anyway. The sump is too small and I don't need a separate chiller department so I would prefer the entire length of the tank underneath be open and not sectioned off. The auto top off system is nice but between the circulation pump reservoir and the fresh water reservoir in the back it makes the tank wider than I wild like. I would prefer just a nice well built glass rimless tank with a great skimmer attachment to get the water down into the sump and a huge area underneath for a sump, auto top off setup, dosing system, skimmer, heaters etc.

The Nuvo has the dimensions I'm looking for but have not found any pictures of the sump area underneath the cabinet. I'm still considering having my custom cabinet guy build me a full decorative wall unit with canopy to enclose the entire tank (expect the front face of course). However, I need to decide on a tank that he can build around giving me adequate support for everything while leaving a lot of space for equipment underneath.

Any and all advice will be appreciated. I sent an email to RedSea and will call my local dealer Monday to see when I might be able to see the Reefer line in person or at least some good youtube videos showing us around the whole tank including the sump and describing everything in great detail. So far the only problem I see is that the Reefer line is going to be mostly small tanks with the largest one in the line is only 92g. Im looking to go around 130-150, but again it will depend on the dimensions to ensure it will work for the area I plan to instal it.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I saw the info from the reaseafish.com site. From a general forum perspective, I consider this to be "Red Sea Owners Club". Any tank will do. My two cents (is worth far less now a days).

Tom

+3

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Would L:heart:VE to see some RS members share these tanks here. :D
Anywhere is good but Red Sea Owner's Forum would be where most will probably look for them so:
Let's get started. Very interesting new tank....can't stand the wait, EXCITING!! :thumbup:

steveh

Thanks Guys, the comments are really welcome.
I can let you know that a very nice video will be available in approx. 4 weeks from now, and it will give a more complete guide to the benefits of the Reefer Series. I had the pleasure of spending a week on the road in the USA this week with a couple of our sales guys, and can tell you that the retailers are really excited at the prospect of having a complete "DIY" system with the features of the Reefer series. No more gluing and cutting pipework, no noisy sump overflows, no risk of flooding if things go wrong and all in one package. If you have registered your interest for the Reefer on our website then you will be notified when the video is available, and will be eligible for a special offer as well.