Quarantine and Medications

cmchocolates

Ok. So being a beginner and not taking the time to learn what I had to learn, I lost a few fish because I didn't quarantine or know that fish I buy in a store can have a disease. So thanks to the two stores I bought from, which don't care if the fish die or not, because they want the $$$$.

So after reading about why my fish died, Ich, I decided I needed to do things the correct way, starting with having the tank fishless for 8 weeks to get the disease or parasites out of the tank. I went out and bought two quarantine tanks, one for fish and one for everything else. I set up the tanks, but I was reading this thread http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...17-stocking-marine-fish-medicine-cabinet.html
As you can see, some of the medications say "It's used for all newly acquired fishes" or "All newly acquired Anemonefish will be treated with this chemical for Brooklynella". So even if the fish don't show signs of the symptoms, are eating and pooping good, I should still treat them?
I plan on buying clownfish, so what exactly should I treat them for while in the Quarantine? I know I'm suppose to leave them for 6 weeks, but if they show no signs of anything, why would I treat them?

Sorry for the questions, but I want everything to live and do what I can to make sure I don't take any lives, because I didn't ask. Thanks in advance.