Purchased an In tank media rack for RSM 250

oceanicmike

I recently purchased this media rack. Just wondering what you guys are putting in it. I was thinking phosban on top, chemipure middle but not sure about the bottom? maybe keep the stock ceramic rings? Any suggestions/input would be great. Thanks

KarlyBoy

I have 2 bags CPE in middle and upper shelf, in the top I have 1 bag Purigen, I bag Phosguard, 1 bag Matrix Carbon. I have no other Media. Helps my PO4 at .01, and Nitrates at 0.25

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Many members run that media rack and they put two 11.7 oz bags of Chemi-Pure Elite and one 100 ml bag of Purigen on it. Replace the CPE every two months and the Purigen every 3 months.

Roy Page

Mike, being completely new to reefing I am wondering why you would need another filter in your RS all in one tank ?
I have just bought an RSM C-250 and I am hoping that the rear inbuilt filtration rack will be enough.

Thanks
Roy

shadi75

Actually its not a filter its a media rack so you can organize that one chamber better, you can place chemical pure elite and purigen in it, other put cheetos and a submersible light for the cheetos to grow which really helps, it helped in my old rsm 130d i liked that media rack .

Irene

Hi, I have the new 250C also and it now comes with a media rack included, as far as I know the older versions never came with a rack.

Irene

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm going to get a rack for mine, without it, the carbon bag keeps wedging itself where the fine filter cartridge goes when I take it out to clean it.
Most annoying.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Mike, being completely new to reefing I am wondering why you would need another filter in your RS all in one tank ?
I have just bought an RSM C-250 and I am hoping that the rear inbuilt filtration rack will be enough.

Thanks
Roy

Red Sea realized how much members like the after market media rack for the original RSM 250 and now make it a standard feature on the RSM 250C versions. Smart move!!