Puffy acan

chadzx10

Is this normal for acans to be this puffy. They have been in the same spot for 6 months and just started looking like this. Is this a healthy acan?
Just checked parameters.

Alk 8.5
Cal 420
Mag 1350
Salinity 35 ppt
Nitrate < 1
Phosphate 0

445b27ce6cb90d2c362d3c5857fb5b79.jpg

aabbab855eb122041dc336af40be1073.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

frisbee

They look fine to me. I'm assuming you have LED's? Do you fiddle with the color/intensity on a regular basis? If so, maybe it's just a reaction to that.

chadzx10

They look fine to me. I'm assuming you have LED's? Do you fiddle with the color/intensity on a regular basis? If so, maybe it's just a reaction to that.
Yep, Radion's. But I havent messed with lights in awhile. Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear they look fine. This is my first acan. So when I saw them change a little I got worried.

frisbee

Have you tried feeding them yet? Small bits of shrimp, live black worms or NLS pellets should be eagerly accepted.

chadzx10

Have you tried feeding them yet? Small bits of shrimp, live black worms or NLS pellets should be eagerly accepted.
I spot feed my corals 3 times a week, with reef chili. The acan always gives a good reaction to feeding. Haven't tried anything else. Maybe ill try some mysis or one of your other recommendations. Looks like the acans would probably accept them.