Pseudochromis

cecilio

Hi
I Will Like To Know If Any One Here Has Pseudochromies In Their Reef, I Was Looking At A Fish Retailer Website The Marine Center, They Are Beautifull Fish And In Their Site They Said Most Of Them Are Reef Safe

apjunky

I had a bicolor and a purple one . I am glad they are gone . The both of them would hunt down and kill any new smaller fish I tried to add like blennies ,green chromis or gobies . I have also read they like to eat ornamental shrimp .
Darren

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I had a purple pseudo a long time ago, it was beautiful... until it ate my peppermint shrimp! He also liked to chase around the 6" yellow tang and the 5" mystery wrasse that I had. Both faught back, but only the mystery wrasse did any damage (took off the psedo's tail). I named the pseudo Napoleon (cause he had little man's syndrome, or Napoleon's complex). He also had another, less appropriate name that starts with an "F" and ends with an "er", with "uck" in between. :D I would love to get another one eventually, but it would have to essentially be a species tank for him, with no other fish and just some snails (cause they can't pull them off the glass to move them too easily). Corals may be ok, but mine liked to re-arrange everything, and on occasion would burry the corals he didn't like. Back to the LFS he went!

Enough rambling... sorry :D

Gina

RS STAFF
I had a purple pseudo and the only real problem I had with him was the fact that he continually came out from the rocks with a mouth full of sand and spit it everywhere. Made a mess!
I was always trying to figure out how to move the corals so they wouldn't get covered in sand.

Mine would usually run and hide in the rocks when a bigger fish would swim by.

mps9506

I haven't seen a psuedochromis that I would trust in my reef tank. Some of them are beautiful, but I would only trust in a fowlr tank or fo. I just don't trust em with inverts.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I used to have a bicolor psuedochromis.. beautiful... BUT... was mean as a devil. I removed it!

Witfull

they are reefsafe* but each fishes * is different,,,,not are territorial bullies.

if you like the look but want a good personality,,,check assessors~