Protein skimmer, no more foam?

OKay I've had my minor protein skimmer in my fuge for the last three months, and it always foamed, and I would have to throw out junk on at least a halfweek/weekly basis. Its been about 4 days now and its as foam free as one can get. I have checked and rechecked to see if all is in order, and it is. I am thinking of just ditching the skimmer, until I get my other powerheads, and use the powerhead I had on the skimmer (Maxi-1200) for the main display (45G tall, with only two Maxi-900's). What do you all think?

Craig Manoukian

What kind of skimmer is it, what is your bioload in the system, how long has your sytem been up an running, is it a reef or fish only, and how big is your refugium?

You can always edit your prfile to include a description of your tank so the above information is always available. Thanks for the additional information.

Brucey

Craig, check electrobes other thread running at the mo. I think all the info is in there.
Brucey

Jakets

I just had a similar problem. It all boiled down to Tankgirls suggestion Make sure the air tube and injector are good and clean.

J

heh here is something funny. I topped off my water today in the refugium, and while pouring the rest of the water in, the protein skimmer started foaming again.. go figure...