Programming new lighting cycle on AI hydra 26

djpensive

Hi Reefers,

Does anyone have experience with the AI hydra 26? I just set up my tank and am going to be programming the lighting. Does anyone have recommendations for the lighting spectrum to use throughout the day? I wish there was an optimal pre-programmed schedule already put into it allowing the user to adjust the conditions from there, but it doesn't look like it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

djpensive

I guess I'm more looking for other forum members that have a light like this and looking for examples of of their ramp times. Basically from when they turn on to when they peak to when they turn off. And what percentage they run at for best growth for both LPS and SPS. Also wondering how long of an acclimation period they've used when starting to use the light.

mr_tap_water

With my Vegas when you go into the acclimation settings you just select a percentage and the length of time that you think you need which is usually something between a week and a month depending on what you put in. The program works out the rest on what you have set on your normal day-to-day lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djpensive

I'm sure the Vega and hydra are run on the same sort of app, can you screen shot your settings and schedule and let me take a look? I've found a few online but I'm trying to get a better understanding of the lighting, and what works best and what doesn't work so good based on peoples experiences. Here's an example of one that I found, but again I'm looking for other peoples examples of their lighting schedules.09289943-D7F7-4E60-B1C6-1A6277DF507D_zpsxvimczl5.png

DaveK

Lighting is very subjective, and there are a lot of different ways people do it. Also each tank is different, so there is no hard fast rule about how you should set this up.

On my own 125 gal reel, I use 4 AI Hydra 52's and run a very simple program. I run an 11 hour photo period with a 1 hour ramp up and ramp down at each end of that. I run the LED's on all channels at 80% max. At night I run the deep blue at 5% max and all others off.

I recommend you start with something similar and then make your adjustments based upon the results you get and how you like the tank to look. Don't try to over think this. It's really not that difficult, and you'll go crazy trying to get it "just right".

mr_tap_water

Vigers don't run on the app it's the Hydra 52 HDs that run on a app which are The same as yours, A basic set up I would run for 12 hours four hours rampart with four hours peak then four hours ramping back down in my opinion you don't need a Photo period longer than five hours as corals only do this for a short length of time which I think is somewhere around 4 to 5 hours from what I remember, with your intensity I would gradually build up each week start from say 50% with your colour settings I would go by the chart above for now and then tweak to your own preferences and liking over a number of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: