Premixed Salt RO Water

essmaker

PREMIUM
Does your LFS supply premixed RO Salt water?

If so, how much do they charge a gallon/liter?

Mine charges .35¢ per gallon for RO water and $1.19 per gallon for premix RO Saltwater.

essmaker

PREMIUM
No, I mean does your LFS actually sell premixed "salt" water rather than just ro/di.

I am just curious how many people use a premix and how much it costs them.

wooddood

the wood dude
i really dont know if my lfs sells r premixed ro water!in your first post you said 35c per gal for ro water and $1.19 per gal for pre mix saltwater.in your second post you state ro/di water.all i said was did you mean ro/di instead of ro water.thats all.

ReefLady

Staff member
Mine sells RO for .50/gallon, RO with salt for about $1 per gallon, only problem is the cheap SOB's don't mix the salt to full-strength... I tested it at 1.013 last time I bought some. Make sure your test your SG before adding it to the tank.

T

essmaker

PREMIUM
Sorry wooddood, miss-read your question. Mine only sells ro water. AT least he doesn't advertise it as ro/di.

ON a side note, the sign at the LFS says that 10gallons of water is wasted for every 1 gallon of ro produced. Why is that? It just seems crazy that it has to "waste" that much.

If we ever get a ro filter, the plants in the house certianly will be happy. :D

wooddood

the wood dude
i dont know the exact ratio of waste water and the ro or ro/di is but it is more then is produced.some one here im sure knows the answer though.also if you are thinking of buying a ro unit i would buy a ro/di unit.the ro is good for drinking and the di is'nt recomended to drink. there is not much taste to di water but it is the purest water for your tank.with the di membrain you shoul get a reading of o tds[total disolved solids].hth.ps like travis said you dont know what salinity your getting from the lfs so always check it first.with your own ro/di unit and mixing your own saltwater you always know what your salinity is.hth. dave.