Pray for those who are gone

Alf

well In my 5 years of running reef tanks I have never had a real serious problem. [Knock on wood :hammerhea ] But Over the weekend MY HEATER STUCK!!!! In my 120 gal SPS tank. RTN is now running rampid.:waa:
I Have 90% Tank raised stuff in this tank that is well over two years old. I have lost 9 SPS corals and a few more on the way out. But you know my clams never even showed any signs of stress and are doing fine. About the only SPS thats doing to be left is the Monti Dig. Tough stuff!
Just wanted to share.

Sweettoothbear

Sorry to hear this news.Hang in there Alf.

Karma is often abused on this board,but this is a good case for some.

Last edited:

Scooterman

Our prayers are with you, it is tuff of loose part of your SW family! I guess no matter how much you prepare for disaster things happen! Good luck on the rest, maybe you can pull them through!

mwrager

Sorry to here about your loss. How hot did it get. I was looking at my tank yesterday and found that the temp in the tank droppe to 74. I checked my heater to find that it was unplugged. I only lost one item. I was lucky. Now its running at a nice 80.

Curtswearing

Oh man. What a drag. I'm so sorry. I don't need to tell you what to do to fix this. I just wanted to offer my condolences. Sometimes, these corals are more hardy and recover on their own.

:waa: :waa: :waa:

sharks

Contributing Member
Awe man I’m so sorry to here this :(
Are the goni’s in that tank?
I hope what’s left pulls through and there are no outbreaks in there. :craig:
S

Icebox

I too am sorry to hear this. it is amazing what 1 little mechanical failure can cause.

Sorry to hear about your losses. Enjoy the opportunity to "rebuild" :)

Mike

ReefLady

Staff member
Sorry to hear that Alf. I'd offer a frag for recovery, but the only SPS I have is monti dig. :)

Four information's sake, what brand of heater and how old please?

Thx

Travis

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
Sorry to hear that Alf, having just gone through a tank crash at work I can sympathize. Hang in there.

Witfull

im sorry for your losses, it is heart breaking. gotta love clams though, im sure you will come out of this with a positive outlook.

Frags for alf campain?

Craig Manoukian

I hate it when that happens! Bummer Dude, hang in there Robert!

:) :D ;) :p :cool: :smirk:

PS
What is a good mark as far as time to replace your heater. Every two years? Any thoughts?

Tarasco

As a recipient of a similar heater problem in the past, I know what you're going through. Lucky for you the clams survived. Hope that everything else does well.