• Tunze

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • PowerSweep

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • powerheads, they all stink~

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

Witfull

that vortech is wicked cool, but ill have to wait for the $$ to come down a bit first~

as for over all power, i like maxi's on a wavemaker because i can create cross-rips in varying directions, as opposed to alot of flow contstantly in one direction. makes things sway back and forth~

Witfull

came home this morning, and i hear this noise,,,a rattling then it stops,,,rattling, then stop. its coming from my tank. i found it quickly. it was one of my MJ 1000's. the shaft is worn almost thread thin. i checked the date on my wavemaker. the purchase date was 8-23-90. i had the MJ's prior to the wavemaker, a few yrs, so that makes the PH a documented 17yrs on the waver maker! not to shabby~

PS, i prolly jinxed myself by starting this Poll~~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
LOL! If the PH cost you $15 and you've used it for 17 yrs, that is approx a monthly cost of $0.074 cent per month! Not bad at all! :thumbup:

MikeP

My vote is for Seios. I had 4 MJ1200's in a 150, but when I switched over to a 180 they just weren't enough. Didn't get enough movement. Now I run 2 Seio 1500's, 1 1100, and 2 620's. Plenty of movement now with no dead spots. Really like the diffused pattern of the Seio's compared to the narrow streams of the MJs.

ReefDave

I voted for maxijets but i do have a seio 1100 in my 70. the maxis seem to run well and give great flow overall for my 54 corner (3 mj1200's) but, when i switch to the 70 cube im starting to look into a wave2k corner unit...well see....also, for the everyone with powerheads, algae free just came out with a magnet with a changeable mount for MJ's, seios, and tunzes.....also, rio is coming out with and electronic controller for the seios.....

Tuna

magnet? does that mean those stupid suction cups are obsolete?!
thats the worst part about em:thumbup:

KMP

the magnets are $25 for a set of 2 [1/2" glass] or $35 for a set of 2 [3/4" glass]. i'll let you know how they work in a few weeks :thumbup:

KMP

correction: the pictures they show led me to believe you were getting a set of 2 - not the case, it's only 1. don't make the same mistake as me. now i can either return them, buy another set, or have one magnet and one suction cup. dang it :smirk:

No_Floaters

I've never had a Maxijet or Magdrive fail to come back on after a power failure.
I've had several Rios that did and that's why they're gone now.
I've also had several Penguins fail because the impeller covering cracked and saltwater caused the metal inside to rust and expand.