powder brown and hippo tang

plahka

I want a powder brown, wife wants a hippo. If introduced at the same time would they get along in a 90 gallon? I'm thinking no because of tank size and from what I read powder browns are rather timid for a tang. Thought? Thanks.

Varga

My guess is they will fight and brown may actually kill the hippo! just a guess though.

mettjl03

I agree. They look to mutch alike. A good rule of thumb to follow is if they look the same (like same body shape, similar colors, ect.) they shouldn't be in the same tank. If they are different like the hippo and yellow tank, it should be ok. Hope this helps you out. Personally I would go with the hippo, I have one and they are fun to watch!!!

plahka

Wife won. Got a hippo. I kinda agreed with her when a LFS got a ton of babies (like nickle size) and is selling them for $20. Good deal, even this size I've never seen less than $40. I was kinda worried about him maybe getting harassed being so small but no one payed any attention to him. Well.....my 6 line wrasse looked at him a couple of times. My clown and yellow tang are too busy bugging each other to notice him. And my royal gamma is content looking to eat and hanging out upside down in his cave.
Now I just hope he makes it. I understand the mortality rate for these tiny guys is quite high.

plahka

Hmmmmmmmmm.....................
I may have to get another tank going so I can get a POWDER BROWN!!
That'll teach the wife to interfere!!:whstlr:

bandr1002

Hmmmmmmmmm.....................
I may have to get another tank going so I can get a POWDER BROWN!!
That'll teach the wife to interfere!!:whstlr:

lol now that is funny!!!

my wife and i are in the same exact perdic, i told her we would wait on both of em till i got at least a 180 going. btw, happy wife, happy life. lol

congrats on the sweet deal, hope he makes it.