Poll: Whats your favorite species?

What is your favorite species of marine fish?

• Anthias

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Basslets

• Batfish

• Cardinals

• Chromis

• Damsels

• Dartfish

• Dragonets

• Eels

• Foxface/Rabbitfish

• Gobies

• Groupers

• Hawkfish

• Hogfish

• Lions

• Psedochromis

• Other

• Total voters

AJinNY

Well we all know I love tangs...I love the different shapes and the beautiful colors and patterns on them. I also like the way they are active swimmers.

What species is YOUR favorite? Tangs like me? Anthias? Angel? Basslets? Any reason(s) for your choice?

AJinNY

Hey Robert...I love angels too - if they were more reef friendly, maybe Id feel differently...nah...love my tangs!

I like wrasses better, more vibrant colors, dont get big, and are reef safe (Depending on what wrasse u get!) angels get pretty big and most arent reef friendly, also cost alot! Tangs just get big LOL.

ReefLady

Staff member
I have to go with blennies. Colors be damned, personality goes a long way with me. :)

Gina

RS STAFF
I voted for the blennies. We had a scooter blennie once and that fish was the cutest little thing. We loved watching him make his rounds in the tank. He would bury himself at night to go to sleep.

SueT

I have fallen in love with my new angel that is reef safe. It's in the genicanthus species of angels and my new one is a sweetie. This fish has personality plus is beautiful too. Now if I could find a male as easy as she was to find. I've heard males of this species are hardly ever imported.

Gina, Im thinking about getting a scooter blenny, will it get into fights with a lawnmower blenny or a watcham gobie? So it burrows into the sand to go to sleep?

Gina

RS STAFF
All of these fish are peaceful fish for the tank. You can't really quarantee that no two fish won't have a disagreement at times. You do need a mature tank with lots of pods like mentioned above for them to survive. (Reason why ours didn't make it)! Our tank was way too young (another leason learned the hard way).

He would bury himself at night in the sand when the lights went off and when the lights came on in the morning, he would soon shake the sand off him and start making his rounds again.