Please ID this mystery worm

bloodyworm

Hey guys.. new to the marine world.. and discovered this after i bought home a live rock.. gotta clue anyone? it's about the size of this :flower: 1cm

Attachments

• worm.jpg
    worm.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

bloodyworm

Thanks, and just found out the hair algae on that rock is a no-no in the tank as well.. time to say byebye to that rock.. :mad: :mad: :mad:
learning more and more on this site..

lcstorc

I so know that feeling.
The more I read here the more I discover I still have to learn.
Best of luck.

BoomerD

lcstorc said:
I so know that feeling.
The more I read here the more I discover I still have to learn.
Best of luck.

Ain't that the truth...I've been at this for 30 years, and still don't know nuthin...

fishcrazy

bloodyworm said:
Thanks, and just found out the hair algae on that rock is a no-no in the tank as well.. time to say byebye to that rock.. :mad: :mad: :mad:
learning more and more on this site..

Throw that rock in the sun on your back porch. Let the algae spores and aiptasia die off. Then re-cure the rock in a bucket and you can re-add it back to your tank.

blue_eyes53813

fishcrazy said:
Throw that rock in the sun on your back porch. Let the algae spores and aiptasia die off. Then re-cure the rock in a bucket and you can re-add it back to your tank.

Yep,,, but make sure it is all gone before adding it back in.... That algae can come back. Ive heard of being out of the tank for weeks and still come back.. Scrub the area with a toothbrush or even something stronger and make sure it is all gone...

sompa

yes sun bleach the rock and then boil it before putting back in tank. toothbrushes work wonders. Don't get rid of the rock it will still be good.

XBwlr

Nothing much to add except... Nice pic!

From the looks of the hair algae, that's a very small aiptasia.

What kind of camera are you using? Lens?