Please HELP Identify this SLUGLIKE Critter

elpez930

Does anyone have any idea what this is. It was hard to get a closeup photo and it kind of blends in on the rock. Look slightly above and behind the green coral on a rock. It looks like a sea slug of some sort. Not sure if any of my snails have the ability to shed their shells or if this is just some sort of hitch hiker. This is the first time I have ever noticed something like this, although that does not mean he hasn't always been there.

If anyone has any clue to what this is please help identify and let me know if I should be concerned or try to remove. I have only seen it out at night.

Thanks

20131016_223729_zps659fa95b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Without really knowing where "Waldo" really is in that picture, I'm going to guess it's a Stomatella Snail.
If it is, JUST SEND IT TO ME!! I'd love to have more, I only have one....They are GOOD to have! :D

Oxylebius

I think I also see waldo, looks like it could be a stomatella - does it have a little half shell on it's back?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Here's my Stomy when he 1st started showing up (he was pretty small)
870EC4F2-3235-4723-861D-F1051B4BD12F-1466-0000032D01C9CC80_zps71649b6e.jpg
[/IMG]
And here he is after he GREW really FAST:
null_zps6667f4e5.png
[/IMG]
I hope your hitchhiker (Waldo) is a Stomatella Snail or at least something good :fingerx:

elpez930

thanks all,

sorry for the delay... Not sure if it looks like the stomy in the other photos. There doesn't appear to be any shell at all. I'll try to get some better pix with better lighting.