plate coral question

reefnut

hey guys i just had one of these ship to me yesterday,and when i got home today it was falling apart in my tank. do i need to do a immedate water change or can i wait til this weekend? thks Rob

aquaman3680

if theres not any of the plate left in the tank decomposing you should be ok to wait an extra day to do a water change... Just keep an eye on your parameters!

Matt

The only problem---so far thank goodness, knock on wood---has been when I left food on it over night and through the next day. Rotted off more than a quarter of the flesh. Had a devil of a time keeping it alive at the time. Then took it to a local reefer to keep in his tank while we went out of town. Came back and the thing was doing so well, I didn't have the heart to take it out of his tank. He wound up with a free coral.

I now have a purple plate and so far have not had much trouble with it and I only have 265 watts of pc lighting. It is setting on the sandbed with at least one or two anemone crabs hanging onto it most of the time. Most of the time seems really happy. I feed it a combo of mysis, cyclopeeze, and chopped clam about once or twice a month and then after about an hour or so, make sure I blow the rest of the food off of the coral.

Anne