plasma's 4.5 gallon home built Bedroom tank.

plasma327

About 3 years ago my wife and i decided we needed a nano for the bedroom. We never really at that time saw a nano we liked so i thought i would try my hand at building one. Off to buy some acrylic and some wood. I wish i would have taken pic's as i built it but i get in that state of mind and tune out most everything. I have pics after the fact.
It was time consuming as i did realize cutting acrylic was well, a bit technical as it wil fracture. After snapping the first 2 pieces I kind of figured it out. In the end it was not to difficult and it turned out ok. Hind sight being 20/20 I would have done a few things different but for my first hand built tank It was ok I suppose.
I have since that time took it down but dug it out of the attic last evening and am going to set it back up. Thought i would share and here is a few pics right before i tiik it down. I only lef tit run a few short months... Looking to do some mods and give it a go again..
DSC01245.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

100_1809.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That's hard-core Chip. You DIY everything but making the water up from scratch LOL!

Great work! What are your plans for it now?

plasma327

The mojority of the time i attempt to DIY most everything. At times it turns out ok or better, also at times it would have been cheaper to make the purchase. I like DIY and to challenge my self so i always start with DIY. I am going to set it back up but since i bought a auto aqua smart ATO I am going to purchase one for this tank as keeping it topped off was a hassle before. I need to make some changes in the well area as well. I believe I will make it a small Zoa and mushroom farm and maybe one lone solitary critter that would be happy in a tank that small. I will have to research that one. That is the plan!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sounds like a GREAT plan to me. I have often thought of doing the same thing with my office 12g nano tank.