Pictures

Megalodon

Here are some pictures from my reef tank. I'm new here and would like to share some pictures with you. Please feel free to add a comment to let me know what you think.

The mouth of my durasa clam
Picture024-1.jpg

PT.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture036-1.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Sixlinewrasse.jpg

SperMonti3.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Last edited:

lcstorc

Very nice! We love pics.
Those are some awesome macro shots. The detail is awesome. Great colors as well.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
WOWEE, WOW, WOW, WOW! Is that a cryptocaryon's point of view! If you get any closer to that clam we'd be eating clam kidneys! Nice work with the camera, color, texture and composition.

goldenmean

Great Pics!!!! Absolutely Amazing!

Now how about a FTS (full tank shot)
We are never satisified. We want more pics.
hee hee

Megalodon

Thanks for the comments everyone :)
I will take some full tank shots tomorrow and post them. In the meantime here are a couple more shot taken earlier.

reefnut, I'm using a Nikon D70s. Your lens also has a great deal to do with the quality of the picture. I use a Sigma EX 2.8 105mm macro lens.

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture034.jpg

clowns1.jpg

aquaman3680

with macro lenses is the less mm the better? i have a nikon D50 with a promaster 150mm macro... is less better? Also i am looking to get a new macro lens any suggestions?

Thanks.

Matt

Megalodon

Matt,
I personally like the 105mm Sigma EX lens for doing macro work and portraits. Anything above 105mm and you have to create more distance between you and the subject to fit everything in the frame because of the powerful zoom. The further away you are from your subject then the more distance your image has to travel to your camera. The 150mm is great for getting very close on a very small subject, or for zooming in on a particular area of your subject, but a little trickier to use on other applications such as portraits. I wanted a lens that would be ideal for multiple applications.

Try these
Nikon Cameras with Photo Samples

Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing do a search for D50, once there do another search for photo samples of each lens you're interested in.

You can also go to the camera store and tell them what you plan on doing with the lens, and they should be able to guide you in the right direction.

I am by no means a photography guru. If anyone knows differently please comment. I too am always learning in photography :)

You have such a variety of good choices, HAPPY SHOPPING!!!