Pics of my 220

Mcvivor

Hello, I seem to be having a big mouth on here in the past few days! I am sorta new to reefsanctuary. I love it. I thought I would share some photos of my 220 reef tank. I currently have no fish in the tank. The poor babies are in QT due to my own mistake of not QT all my fish. I had an ich outbreak. So I am doing the famous 8 week treatment and from now on im going to QT ALL NEW FISH. I took a few pics from my cell phone (pics not the best). I am planning on turning my halide lights to the blues soon as I save the money.

Any suggestions as in what should be different please let me know!

Attachments

• tank 1.jpg
    tank 1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 60
  • tank 2.jpg
    tank 2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 59

Mcvivor

Funny, I just posted a ? about the sponge. I have NO idea what it is. It is hollow and very fragile. It feels like a wet napkin or something. When I got it, it was on some live rock and it was a goo ball. I had no idea what it was. Then all of a sudden it grew huge, what seemed like over night. Ive had it for about a year maybe? I tore it once when I was doing some cleaning, and it repaired itself in days. I took the piece I ruined and put it in some live rock and now it seems to be growing 2 new tube sponges!

Mcvivor

Im sorry, I see that you said sponges. The red and orange ones I have had for about a year as well. They seem to stay the same size. I also have a black sponge (That I talked about in the post above) you can not really see it in the pics, but If you look at my other posting a few hours ago you can see a really nice pic of the black sponge!

bcarleton

From what I have read you got lucky. Everything I have seen says that more often that not, those sponges don't last. Maybe cause people expose them to air when going from bag to tank. Not sure, never tried one.

Mcvivor

Maybe, I do not even give them sups, I just let them be. I am always told I am very lucky with my choices, I got a mandarine that eats flake foods the first day I got him (Knock on wood)

Dweezil

Found you! You are lucky with the Madarin..I won't even have one as much as I love them because I don't want to risk it.