Pics of Blastos and Caulastreas

AJinNY

Ok guys can you all help me on this one? I need to get some pics of these items to show the guy at the lfs. He said he'd try to get them for me....but I cant find any cool pics on the net.....I found ONE of a blasto I psoted on another thread...but if you guys stumble onto some hot SWEET pics of these corals, Id appreciate it if you could post them here. The more the better. Sweet rich colors too!

Thanks!

Alan

geofloors

Here are some Caulastreas

DSCN9725.JPG

DSCN9726.JPG

DSCN9727.JPG

DSCN9728.JPG

DSCN9729.JPG

George

geofloors

I got it about a year ago as a singe polyp frag. It might have been a single that was ready to split into two. Either way I traded something for it.

George
SaltwaterTeen said:
Hey george, how much were those green caulastreas in the 2nd pic?

AJinNY

Send some hot blastos.

I liek the caulastreas but Im not seeing the colors like I remember.....

Ill do a search maybe itll turn up something.

I cant believe I got sucked into this reef stuff. LOL

Nice pics travis, what camera do you use? Im using a digital rebel, I need a new macro lense for "up close" shots, but the lense can cost anywhere from $500-700 last time I checked

ReefLady

Staff member
I'm using a 20D. That was actually with a cheapo lens, Sigma 70-300 APO Macro super. But then a couple hundred worth of close-up accesories: 36mm Kenko extension tube and Canon 500D diopter, got me the pic from about 10" away at 300mm.

On a budget, I'd get the 28-135IS and a 500D diopter. That makes for a good macro lens, as well as an all-around fish lens.

T