Phytoplankton use

essmaker

PREMIUM
Since no LFSs around me seemed to have DT, I opted to go with Kents Phytoplex.

We'll see what happens over time.

I am used to using the sprayed phyto which you can actually see in the water. With the liquid stuff I feel like I'm not even putting anything in. Hopefully I'll see some results.

jimeluiz

I got a sample bag of "Coral Heaven" from IPSF when I ordered a biodiversity package. They pitch it as important food IN ADDITION TO your usual DT schedule. I've been using it, but not following the "turn off all circulation for 60 minutes" instructions... Everything seems happy, but I cannot attest to it being terrific.

Check it out http://www.ipsf.com/#anchor50775

Icebox

I have been culturing my own. Right now I Just have a culture of Nanocloropsus, but I am working on Adding a culture of Tetraselmis. Once that is growing, I am planning on a Rotifer culture as well. It takes a little time, but overall it is pretty cheap to set up. the only thing you need to keep the culture growing is some vitamins from Florida Aqua Farms, and some more saltwater. Add some light for 16 hours a day and you have a new culture once a week.

nigle

Oi!

Icebox have you been reading Wilkerson????

I looked at her setup for doing live myself and thought that I still need time to go to work, HA!

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

Icebox

Nigle, that is funny, Na really it does not take that much time. I throw in a half cup salt, gallon water adn a cup of the old sample, 2 CC's of the vitamins and leave it for 7-10 days.

to harvest it, I just pore it into a gallon jug that I keep in the fridge. it is a piece of cake. Really. Does not even take 10 minutes a week.