Votes: 5 8.6%
  • None

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Two Little Fishies
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>PhosBan®
Phosphate Adsorption Media
150g (.33lb)
1099435184.gif
Take care of your phosphate problem with Two Little Fishies' PhosBan, another new product in the Julian Sprung’s Formula line. PhosBan is a highly porous super adsorbent granular filter media made from ferric oxide hydroxide. PhosBan binds large quantities of phosphate, and can keep phosphate levels in aquariums low for months. And it is completely reef safe. PhosBan also adsorbs organic compounds and other pollutants, and doesn’t release anything back into the water, even when fully saturated. PhosBan gives long-lasting control of phosphate levels for a clean aquarium and enhanced growth of hard and soft corals. PhosBan Phosphate Adsorption Media. Problem solved.

Sizes:
150g Treats up to 300 gal Freshwater, 150 gal Marine
1200g Treats up to 2400 gal Freshwater, 1200 gal Marine
6000g Treats up to 12000 gal Freshwater, 6000 gal Marine

</TD><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=40>
rule.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

oldsaint

Phosban for me.
What flow does everyone run thru their reactor? Two Little Fishes recommends 80-90 gph, but I've also read the media should be barely dancing on the top surface. I had to cut my flow back to around 30 gph to accomplish this.

Last edited:

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
So now you need to test the Warner Marine, PhosSar which is much better. The new PhsoSar 2 Beta I got today to play with and not out yet is even better. :D

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
WArner Marine PhosSar? It must be very new... I couldn't find anthing on google about it :(

mps9506

Boomer said:
So now you need to test the Warner Marine, PhosSar which is much better. The new PhsoSar 2 Beta I got today to play with and not out yet is even better. :D

Why is it better? Differnt composition, shape, size etc?

Boomer

Woody what kind of Googles do you have :away:

Warner Marine

first one on the page

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Warner+Marine&btnG=Google+Search

Warner Marine PhoSar

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Warner+Marine+PHOSaR&btnG=Search

PhoSar

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=+PHOSaR&btnG=Search

mps

All the other GFO are more or less solids. This stuff is porous lke GAC = better flow rate, more surface area , greater removal, alos bigger gain size, more dense and works very well without a reactor.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I voted for phosban. I used it before and was happy with it. I did recently use phos sponge by kent and was not to impressed with it. I can say it did nothing at all, and i ended up haveing to just find the cause for my algae troubles instead of the lasy way out of it. Phos free now! ( it was the food)

fishcrazy

If you have to run your phosphate media passively in a filter bag, WM Phosar is the way to go. It won't channel nor will it turn into a useless brick of media. It can also be used in a cannister filter where Phosban and Rowaphos cannot.

I prefered Rowaphos for my reactor. However, there isn't much of a price difference between Phosban and Rowaphos where I live.

SueT

I've been using ROWAphos for a while now. Used Phosban once due to I couldn't get a hold of the ROWAphos and did not like the outcome. My sps didn't like it either. I'll never switch again and I run it passively in my sump also..

Boomer

Fish

If you have to run your phosphate media passively in a filter bag, WM Phosar is the way to go. It won't channel nor will it turn into a useless brick of media. It can also be used in a cannister filter where Phosban and Rowaphos cannot.

That is the whole concept behind it ;)

HowardW

Rowa also makes a 4" X 4" phosphate sponge that also contains Rowacarbon, and it comes in a few different sizes. I don't know however if the sponges are as effective as their granulated product.

rowa-RPS.jpg