Ph ?

I have a situation in my tank. First I got the cyano junk then I got the really brown slimy algae all over everything. That is starting to clear up. Treated the cyano and it's all gone but for a few tiny spots. Now my nitrites went up and phosphates also. In the middle of controlling that. Now the ph went to 7.0 and my polyps, anemone and xenias are closed up. Kinda look really bad right now. Fish act really healthy. My anemone has closed completely and he is starting to slowly open up. ( He's a Rock Anemone )
My question is, can the ph being off like it is cause this bad deal with my critters or could it be something completely different? And what is the fastest way to get my ph up to normal? What do I do to get my nitrites back on track?

Thanks

lcstorc

You need to check your calcium, alk, and magnesium to find the problem with the PH.
Don't just go adding buffers since most raise the alk along with the ph and if your alk is already high that will be a problem.
A PH that low could certainly be a problem with the inhabitants.
Here is an article to get you started but there are many more in the stickeys in the chem forum that will explain better than I ever could.
Low pH: Causes and Cures by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

DrHank

Get back to basics. What are your water parameters (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate)? What is your water source? How much are you feeding? How often? How long has your tank been set up?

If you are having Nitrite problems, you are having ammonia problems. This means that your tank is cycling. Do you have enough live rock (1 to 1 1/2 lbs per gallon)? Has something recently died in your tank? If so have you found and removed it? Do you have any canister filters or bio balls? We'd love to help but you need to give us every bit of information about your tank possible. Without that we are just guessing.

A large water change is in order (30%-50%).