Periclimenes Species ?

hma

I don't know. So, what do you think it is? A shrimp of course, a cleaner shrimp, that's for sure .... but which one? The pic was taken in Sulawesi - Lembeh street. At first I thought of Belize, but that is incorrect. My dive-diary says Lembeh street - Sulawesi.

6B3bWU4rg9.jpg

LeslieH

Close, you're in the right family. Genus Urocaridella. There are several undescribed species in the genus so it's hard to say which one. They all seem to be cleaners.

hma

Close, you're in the right family. Genus Urocaridella. There are several undescribed species in the genus so it's hard to say which one. They all seem to be cleaners.

Hi Leslie and thank you very much for your statement, it is just the same which have taken all my friends here in Europe ;)

A more accurate ID is currently not possible.

LeslieH

Nope. I didn't specify in my first reply because I didn't have my books but checking now I see that it most closely matches Urocaridella sp B of Okuno. The first one of the 3 you posted is a bit different.

Most of the images on the web and in guidebooks seem to be identified incorrectly. One of the images listed as U. antonbruunii on the meerwasser site isn't even a Urocaridella. The third one you posted is on the meerwasser site as U. sp 1.