Peppermint Shrimp

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I have 2 shrimp and they have completely cleared my tank of Aiptasia. They don't seem to eat full grown Aiptasia though so you may have to hit that with X but no new ones grew.
Thanks Jeremie, that is good to hear! The Aiptasia in my tank are all pretty small right now. I do have a Majano Wand that I will start using more often if they look like they are going to be a problem. Just want the little ones that I can't see or reach with my zapper to get eaten. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Stephane Cote

Nice! from my experience you are the lucky holder of aptasia eating peppermint shrimps! i did have 3 myself and they do wonders! at first they would hide during the day and come out a little at night. they are shy in a new environment and when they molt. you may not see them for days!

after a while i saw them hang around in dark places during the day. they were more visible. and about 1 month later, it would come out to feed when i fed the fish.

if you truly want to see if they are around. wait at night, and use a RED light and look for them. you will probably see them doing their thing (they cannot see red light, like most marine organisms)

Stephane Cote

np Dianakay. i found however that proper acclimation is extremely important. i tend to drip for 2-3 hours. The reason why i say you have the good ones is because of the color of the tail. i had one with a blackish tail and i would not touch any of it. the 2 i got after were like yours. nice clear tails. they went nuts over the aptasia!