Peppermint Shrimp scared white!

jimeluiz

Poor thing.

I picked out a nice deep-red striped little Peppermint Shrimp at the LFS. Then on the way to the car Luiz dropped the bag onto the sidewalk. :stars:

I freaked as if he had just thrown our baby in front of a train. :eek:

When I looked in on it - the poor thing was clear white. :invisible All stripes gone. Weird.

So we took it home and put it through a calm, tender accilmation process and set it 'free' in our tank - where it instantly disappeared into the rocks.

I hope it survives the rude transition.
:dummy: :jester:

lcstorc

I hope he makes it. How odd that he turned completely white. Did it color back up before you put him in the tank?

jimeluiz

It was still clear (but maybe getting a little color back) after about 35 minutes of acclimation/release. It seemed to be moving around just fine.

Fingers crossed.

2455coop

I think I would turn white too if some one put me in a bag and then body slammed me...Wait...I'm already white...never mind....Hey, did you check for shrimp poop every where...cause if it was me.....well, you know what I mean

Bill

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
BILL!!! lol dude you are certifiable. becoming the hollow man of the tank is natures best defense, all you see is background, in fact I just did this at a christmas party lol, Steve

2455coop

Sooooooooo....How can you be invisible after a few too many egg nogs.......

would check for an excess amount of liguid ammonia in the bag too....The poor thing prolly pissed his pants...I know I would...

Bill

Scouter Steve

Do you think UPS or FedEx didn't drop the box it was in on the way to the LFS that you bought it from?

I don't advocate drop kicking my new purchases from my car but I wouldn't sweat it to much.