Peppermint shrimp is attacking new tank mates

A week and a half ago I picked up a turbo and as soon as I placed him in the tank one of my peppermint shrimp was all over it and it died within an hour so I went and picked up a new one and it didn't happen again so I thought the snail was just dying and today I just picked up a tiger conch and after an hour the shrimp started after it why would this be happening?

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
This is unusual for a true pepper. Maybe keeping it well fed will stop the survival instinct of it trying to eat anything?

reefer gladness

How are you acclimating the new snails? It may be the pepper is just first on the scene of a dying critter.

That said, I've watched aggressive peppermints attack perfectly healthy snails when they get hungry enough. You may consider feeding them a little extra but my theory is these guys are sometimes like a dog that gets a taste for chickens, once that happens it doesn't matter how much dog food you put down you can't stop the dog from hunting your neighbors chickens.

We'll the shrimp isn't a problem no more I gave it to my LFS and I slow acclimated my second turbo and my conch and it was over an hour before it went after the conch now there is peace once again in my tank